Imagine if Trump runs again (2024) and wins, what do you think will happen?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Dude you're wrong. A large segment of America has had it with Donald Trump. If and when it becomes conceivable that he will regain the White House there will be a tide of resistance that will be his final downfall in American politics. His influence on the Republican Party will wain quickly at that point. Mark my words, you turds.
he got MORE votes in 2020.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Excellent reminder that there are a lot more shitty people out there than we thought.

I thought it was like 15% of the population. Turns out it's close to half are just bad hombres.

I mean seeing Trump in action for 4 years and saying we want more.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
A lot more people voted in 2020. Just how many votes he got doesn't mean shit. He fucking lost, by a lot. IIRC it was the same electoral differential that Donald the turd won by in 2016. So fucking what? If he runs in 2024 he'll get his ass shellacked again. And that will be the end.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
A lot more people voted in 2020. Just how many votes he got doesn't mean shit. He fucking lost, by a lot. IIRC it was the same electoral differential that Donald the turd won by in 2016. So fucking what? If he runs in 2024 he'll get his ass shellacked again. And that will be the end.
OK, go back, and read my post again.
You'll see I was quoting someone.
Read what was quoted.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
OK, go back, and read my post again.
You'll see I was quoting someone.
Read what was quoted.
I don't know what you are talking about, you were quoting me:
Dude you're wrong. A large segment of America has had it with Donald Trump. If and when it becomes conceivable that he will regain the White House there will be a tide of resistance that will be his final downfall in American politics. His influence on the Republican Party will wain quickly at that point. Mark my words, you turds.

Jul 9, 2009
If the fascists win there are two choices, civil war or world war. This might sound very dramatic but it's exactly how history has played out over and over and over again.

The world will not stand idly by and let a fascist power exist, no matter how powerful and how awful the odds it will be defeated.
Hate to tell you this, but Biden is already IN office. When does the revolution or World Wars start?

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010

Go and watch that Bill Maher segment again. For all the flak he gets, Maher is absolutely spot on.

The vote count does not matter anymore.

With his loyalists installed at various levels of election certification, it's all but assured that there will be some nullification attempt. And with 20 million or so of his supporters ready to commit violence on his behalf....well like most of you have been saying, 1/6 was just a warm up.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Jul 9, 2009
I'm German and you are obviously in need of me explaining to you that the only President of the USA named John Kennedy was John F. Kennedy. You can google who that was and learn more.

This has been a German introduction of American Presidents 101 for die armen, dummen Amerikanen.
Sorry, i guess my making fun of his colloquial Americanism kind of whiffed over your head.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Hate to tell you this, but Biden is already IN office. When does the revolution or World Wars start?

I’m guessing it will happen as soon as you traitors get your marching orders. Seeing as how that won’t be coming from Biden, I guess you’ll have to wait a few more years to live out your dreams of killing your fellow Americans.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
With his loyalists installed at various levels of election certification, it's all but assured that there will be some nullification attempt. And with 20 million or so of his supporters ready to commit violence on his behalf....well like most of you have been saying, 1/6 was just a warm up.
Did 20 million show up for 1/6? How many showed up after they had the fences and N. Guard on hand, like for that protest about 1/6 violators being "political prisoners" a few weeks ago. Basically, nobody.

Ya know what? If they do show up next time, threatening serious violence ala 1/6 they will find themselves behind barbed wire and not be able to get out. The feds will be ready for them. They won't because under it all they ARE CHICKEN SHIT.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I'm asking becuase I really do think Trump has a good chance of winning this time. Biden isn't looking so good. I know we have over 2 years left in Biden's term and much can happen. As it stands, its not looking great.
Trump is a very vindictive and unhinged person. With everything that has taken place over the last few years, what do you think could take happen during Trump's second term?

An all out assault on Democrats?
War, or possible wars. Maybe a world war?
Dismantling of the US political process, system?
Dismantling of our institutions?
More Republican Supreme Court Justices?
The end of Ameria as we know it?
Etc..

If that were to happen, America would cease to be. Trump would be the last President of the United States. He would see to it that there would never be another election, and stay in power until he died. We would have Kim Jong Trump.

Our only hope, is that he either dies, or gets indicted sentenced to prison before it can happen.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I find it funny that since i'm a Republican and usually support Republicans (occasional Libertarians), that you think it's somehow different from you supporting Democrats. Independents are running from Biden as fast as their legs can carry them.

You also acted as if a Trump 2020 victory was a surefire thing and gloss over the fact that your party may run him again after he knowingly incited sedition, so your view doesn't carry any weight.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Ah, you're so cute, you're trying to use logic. When it comes to politics in todays world, logics no longer exist. Like Bill Maher kinda was saying, democrats will act as if the old rules still apply, and Donald Trump will win with following no rules. And democrats won't know what hit them.

It gets more-and-more obvious as time passes that Trump just isn't that smart. He's driven _entirely_ by emotion and his ill-understood psychological defects. He got lucky once in that those defects happened to coincide with the times. You are massively over-rating him.

Can't rule out that in the longer term, someone else might emerge who could play the role you are assigning Trump, however.

• Love
Reactions: Muse

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
It gets more-and-more obvious as time passes that Trump just isn't that smart. He's driven _entirely_ by emotion and his ill-understood psychological defects. He got lucky once in that those defects happened to coincide with the times. You are massively over-rating him.

And what about the people in his orbit?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Are you looking at the same polls that i am? Biden approval is down, independents are running away from him. Seriously if elections happened today, Trump would win.

Do me a favor, what was Trumps poll numbers at this point in his presidency? I'll help you out. It was 35%. So tell me again, how Trump would beat Biden because Biden's poll numbers are so low? Some of this mythology around Trump is amazing. We lived through the presidency and google is readily available. People want to act like if he was President, his poll numbers would have been better than Bidens, covid would be gone, the Afghan withdrawal would have gone better and the economy would be better. Thing is we have evidence that none of that would have been true.

Reactions: Muse and ivwshane

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
And what about the people in his orbit?

He's not really shown much capability for hiring competent people - look at the posse of weirdos and eccentrics in his legal team, or the motley crew who passed through the revolving door of his Whitehouse. He will only tolerate sycophants.
Now if there were someone suitably Machiavellian in the Republican ranks who could figure out how to manipulate Trump and use him as a figurehead (seems like that happened in the past with Dubya and maybe even Reagan) that might be a possibility. But at the moment I can't see anyone like that out there.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He's not really shown much capability for hiring competent people - look at the posse of weirdos and eccentrics in his legal team, or the motley crew who passed through the revolving door of his Whitehouse. He will only tolerate sycophants.
Now if there were someone suitably Machiavellian in the Republican ranks who could figure out how to manipulate Trump and use him as a figurehead (seems like that happened in the past with Dubya and maybe even Reagan) that might be a possibility. But at the moment I can't see anyone like that out there.

Yeah seriously - look at Trump's cabinet as of election day 2020. Tell me a single member of it that you think is an intelligent and competent official - they were long, long gone by then.

Also, by Trump's own admission he's a horrible hiring manager. How many of his own personally selected hires did he trash as incompetent?

Reactions: pmv and hal2kilo
Feb 16, 2005
Yeah seriously - look at Trump's cabinet as of election day 2020. Tell me a single member of it that you think is an intelligent and competent official - they were long, long gone by then.

Also, by Trump's own admission he's a horrible hiring manager. How many of his own personally selected hires did he trash as incompetent?
And not long after he made clearly wrong statements of how he only "hires the best people"
Fuck trump, fuck his voters, fuck his lackeys, and double fuck those cowards in the gop unwilling to stand up to him.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Then the gutless wonder gets someone else to fire them.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
He does hire competent people. They get angry and run away almost immediately.
The Yes Men that stick around for years are usually weak willed and not particularly bright.

Reactions: cytg111

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Do me a favor, what was Trumps poll numbers at this point in his presidency? I'll help you out. It was 35%. So tell me again, how Trump would beat Biden because Biden's poll numbers are so low? Some of this mythology around Trump is amazing. We lived through the presidency and google is readily available. People want to act like if he was President, his poll numbers would have been better than Bidens, covid would be gone, the Afghan withdrawal would have gone better and the economy would be better. Thing is we have evidence that none of that would have been true.
Biden's most recent polling is 50% say he's doing a good job, 50% say he isn't.

Trump would poll way way worse, and worse for Trump is that he has so many targets on his fat-ass back he'd be very hard to miss by Biden's team of message spinners. I mean where do you start in denigrating Trump? Virtually everything he says and does is hugely flawed. The 1/6 sedition alone stinks to high heaven and everybody knows it. The Republicans deny it but that's all subterfuge. They know they are as guilty as sin, if not for outright participation, for their stance of denial. The Big Lie about having won the election makes Trump the sorest loser ever to have run as president for a major party. The stink won't go away for a long long time for the Republicans. Decades.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

Can't rule out that in the longer term, someone else might emerge who could play the role you are assigning Trump, however.
Rural, white America, likes Trump because of his rallies. He shows up waving the American flag like it's 1980, we won the cold war and the USSR is about to fall. Trump is trying to mirror Reagan because that's the America he thrived in the most (in his younger years). I've said it before, but he learned politics from Jessie Ventura and his public defamation of opponents is 100% based on wrestling banter. "I'm gonna get you Ric Flair!" If you recall, Trump ran for office prior to 2016 and didn't have the support so he bowed out. It was utilizing messages of opposition on Twitter than started people talking about him.

That's the history. He is an 80 eras politician by design, his goals are to divide as many people as he can so he collects the souls that deviate...and that's why he won. It was always about manipulating the less witted public through misinformation, which he and his team masterfully did. Social Media is onto him now and misinformation campaigns are frowned upon, so that will hamper his ability to get the word out unless he invests in his own tech company to compete with Twitter and somehow convinces everyone on Twitter to join his service.

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
Sorry, i guess my making fun of his colloquial Americanism kind of whiffed over your head.

Irony and sarcasm only works if it is not malevolently expressed. You are quite clearly an idiot and you spend a lot of time convincing everyone that you are not just an idiot, you are also a fascist who hates the Constitution and all that it stands for. Your motto is rights for me, not for thee.

Get the fuck out of here you dumb fuck, I had you sized up in two seconds.