Image Conscious: Availability of '04 Chrysler Crossfire 'image car' to be slim

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Great, so dealer markup will be even higher on a car that is already (IMO) overpriced.
rolleye.gif

I'll take a 350Z or G35 coupe, please. No waiting, 10 grand less and 70 more horses.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
The Crossfire is a sweet car! I hope it does not only good things for Chrysler but also for the Daimler-Chrysler relationship.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
The Crossfire is a sweat car! I hope it does not only good things for Chrysler but also for the Daimler-Chrysler relationship.

"sweat" car??

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: LeeTJ
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
The Crossfire is a sweat car! I hope it does not only good things for Chrysler but also for the Daimler-Chrysler relationship.

"sweat" car??

LOL. You got me there! I meant "sweet." Must be that I am sweating after my run!

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Isn't that thing built in Germany? It's Mopar in name only.
It looks good, but you just know the dealers are gonna overprice it.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Yup, it's built by Karmann and imported here because it shares so many parts with the Benz SLK.

I think it's an interesting car but as Happy Gilmore might say, the price is wrong, b!tch.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BigSmooth
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Yup, it's built by Karmann and imported here because it shares so many parts with the Benz SLK.

I think it's an interesting car but as Happy Gilmore might say, the price is wrong, b!tch.
:D

LOL! I read that right as The Price is Right came on..

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
That's pretty pathetic. Drop a Hemi in it and people will buy it. It's just a poorly rebadged poor man's Mercedes

agreed, if they drop a hemi in that small car, Wow......

--Scsi

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It's not unlike the Prowler and the Viper. It's not meant to be a mass-market car, it's more for show...

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jzero
It's not unlike the Prowler and the Viper. It's not meant to be a mass-market car, it's more for show...

But the Viper has "show" and "go." The Prowler and Crossfire are merely "show"

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4

Not only that but the Prowler is dead - it was not successful as a halo car. Enthusiasts dismissed it, it didn't sell, and Plymouth's brand image sure didn't seem to benefit from it too much. ;)

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: NFS4

But that's all they are supposed to be. It's the car that Gary Barbera will park in front of his dealerships and plaster on his ads and bring to town fairs and baseball games. People walk onto the lot to look at the Crossfire just to see it, and end up test driving a Neon while they're there. It's just something flashy to get people onto the lots...

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Chrysler and "upscale" just don't seem to woek well in the same sentence. This car is ugly, slow, and overpriced due to German labor/parts. It's destiny I forsee is in the garbage can of bad automotive ideas like the DeLorean. People buy German cars as much for the "badge" as the engineering so a Chrysler badge on this thing is going to kill it in the market it hopes to compete in.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I was considering one of these till this overprice just happened upon it. What a bunch of fools they are, its another Prowler now. But if they would keep it at that price and drop a Hemi in it...... or even pop in some AWD it would be awesome and worth it. But now....meh.