BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Good old song from the early '60s. James and Bobby Purify, "I'm Your Puppet."

"Pull the strings
and I'll
sing for you
I'm your puppet"

Chalabi must have heard it on the radio a few years after he arrived in the USA in 1958. Now he's back in Iraq. And even Chalabi thinks the Iraqi people need to determine their own future - NOW.

Of course he's only trying to occupy the power vacuum before the Islamists. This should be fun to watch. Post invasion Iraq and the excuses Bush makes for the mess that even Bounty can't clean up.

Does Saddam remind anyone of an egg? Kinda' Humpty Dumptyish? Bush does act like a king. Maybe this is a fairy tale. Someone on the forum tried to get me to open a link to the tooth fairy. Yeah, that's it. It's all a bed time story Bush is telling America and Iraq. I'm getting sleepy now. Wake me up when it's over. Should be about 40 years. Another fairy tale! Rip Van Winkle!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Moonbeam, you know it's against the rules to sign up for a different username. ;)

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Originally posted by: BDawg
Moonbeam, you know it's against the rules to sign up for a different username. ;)
As are drunken thoughtless screeds without any point. At least, they should be.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: tcsenter

As I have been more than amply made aware of in a different thread, if you are going to discuss with the left you have to be tolerant of their joke posts.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: etech

As I have been more than amply made aware of in a different thread, if you are going to discuss with the left you have to be tolerant of their joke posts.

Yeah, God forbid you should laugh. Your head might explode.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Yes, it's true. We "lefties" joke and have sex.

I knew a gal whose nickname was "lefty." I'd tell you why but you wouldn't appreciate it.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BOBDN

I knew a gal whose nickname was "lefty." I'd tell you why but you wouldn't appreciate it.

BOBDN, I didn't know you were ambidextrous.

edit. you are correct, I would not appreciate hearing about you and your "gal".

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

I can use either hand for just about anything.

I said I KNEW a gal named lefty. Lefty wasn't my "gal" just a very nice person I knew.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

It was anatomical.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

I used a screed to level concrete and build a level base for a patio. But that was a long time ago. The screed was very useful. As for drunken you'd have to ask Bush. He was drunk until 40 then had an epiphany. The perfect profile to lead you people THE NEOCONS. Are you a neocon or just a neocon wannabe? :)

Anyhow, how about commenting on the idea of Chalabi and the Ismamists wrestling to fill the power vacuum in Iraq. The one that's currently being filled by about 150,000 troops.

My money is on the Islamists - long term. Islam has been around for oh, about 1,400 years. I think they have some staying power. Imagine Christians trying to establish a theocracy here.........oh, that's right, we don't have to use our imaginations anymore.

But you get my point. Gimme' that ol' time religion!

Seems as though it's here to stay in one form or another. And as usual people miss the entire point.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Soul music in the Politics forum!

Written by Dan Penn and Spooner Oldham.

"I'll do anything, that you ask me to- I'm your puppet".

Don't get me started. Lol. :)

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Wag
Soul music in the Politics forum!

Written by Dan Penn and Spooner Oldham.

"I'll do anything, that you ask me to- I'm your puppet".

Don't get me started. Lol. :)

Man, what a great tune Wag.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Man, now I have to go learn it so I can perform it.:p

Dan Penn is a genius. He's still around, and performing his own material. If you like his stuff you should try and find his "Live at this Theater" CD. A bit hard to find in the US (import), but worth it if you're into Soul music.

Back to politics!

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001

Pot calling kettle black. You seem to take stuff more serious than others do. :p I love that you open another thread about every 10 minutes or maybe as often as democrats.org adds a new pop-up window. Ilove their new one:
--------------------
Supreme Court Countdown
Click here now to sign the petition to tell President Bush to keep his extremist, right-wing nominees off the Supreme Court.
--------------------
hahahaha.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Right from the start of the Occupation it seemed that Chalabi was the Man. Makes me think that the delay in having a government might be an attempt to let Chalabi become accepted by the Iraqi's. He certainly has had the expectation of taking over, so far Iraqi's seem not impressed by him.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Chalabi is a convicted criminal wanted in several european countries and banned from Jordan for stealing 500,000 dollars. Just the man Bush needs :D!

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Tal

Pot calling kettle black. You seem to take stuff more serious than others do. :p I love that you open another thread about every 10 minutes or maybe as often as democrats.org adds a new pop-up window. Ilove their new one:
--------------------
Supreme Court Countdown
Click here now to sign the petition to tell President Bush to keep his extremist, right-wing nominees off the Supreme Court.
--------------------
hahahaha.

Serious? ME? I just like to see right wing idiots turn all purple and spew their BS. :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
-------------------------------
No danger there, BOBDN. The danger up there is implosion. The big threat laughter poses to Republicans is WMD, Walloping Manure Discharge, the sudden depressurization in Anal Retents caused by the life restoring properties of mirth.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
-------------------------------
No danger there, BOBDN. The danger up there is implosion. The big threat laughter poses to Republicans is WMD, Walloping Manure Discharge, the sudden depressurization in Anal Retents caused by the life restoring properties of mirth.

For Immediate Release
June 9, 2003

Global Message

We are continuing as a top priority to unmask the full story of Iraq's WMD programs. We have already found a very revealing component of Iraq's biological weapons program -- two mobile production facilities equipped to produce BW agents.

The configuration of these mobile facilities is almost identical to that described by Secretary Powell in his February 5 presentation to the UN Security Council. The Secretary's presentation was based on an account of an eyewitness who had firsthand experience with these BW systems. The description of this witness, which had been corroborated by other informants, U.S. officials, UN personnel, and other independent experts have long said that Saddam Hussein 's regime had WMD programs, and was continuing to pursue the capability to produce such weapons, particularly biological and chemical. These mobile production facilities are entirely consistent with this assessment. Mobile facilities are much less susceptible to discovery by inspectors, and less vulnerable than a fixed site to discovery and attack. Mobile facilities can also support a mobilization production concept to provide BW agents to operational units just before use. This concept -- "just in time WMD on demand" -- may also apply to Iraq's CW program.

U.S. officials, UN personnel, and other independent experts have long said that Saddam Hussein's Iraq had not accounted for large quantities of chemical and biological agents and delivery means -- hundreds of tons of CW, thousands of liters of BW agents such as anthrax, and thousands of specially designed shells and bombs. All of these estimates were taken from UN inspection reports -- cited not just by the United States but also by UN inspectors prior to the conflict.

If Saddam Hussein could have accounted for these materials, it's reasonable to suppose that he would have done so, rather than risk his regime, his fortune, and possibly his life.

We continue to look for chemical and biological weapons and agents. This is a process that will take a major effort and a lot of time -- similar in approach to an organized crime investigation.

link

So there... implode this...;)
It seems it is reasonable to assume most anything... this is from the Plantagenet himself.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Whatever inflates his balloon, HJ. What a lying gas bag our President is.

"If Saddam Hussein could have accounted for these materials, it's reasonable to suppose that he would have done so, rather than risk his regime, his fortune, and possibly his life. " from above

This is the basis for invasion? reasonable to suppose.......... My goodness.... suppose.... we supposed they were there..

Good grief.... I'm glad no one supposes too much all the time...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Reports say that the Inspectors have found a latex factory in Northern Iraq hear Saddams home city of Tikrit. Also present were plans and two Chemical weapons trucks for filling the balloons with deadly hydrogen blow up gas. The gas could blow up spheres of latex killing millions as the latex shrapnel similar to what Israeli gunman use on Palestinian children.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Reports say that the Inspectors have found a latex factory in Northern Iraq hear Saddams home city of Tikrit. Also present were plans and two Chemical weapons trucks for filling the balloons with deadly hydrogen blow up gas. The gas could blow up spheres of latex killing millions as the latex shrapnel similar to what Israeli gunman use on Palestinian children.

Big clown feet notwithstanding.... the latex factory, upon further reading, made trojan rubbers. The blow up factor was because it was an as needed rubber factory and the trucks were not running. The result of which many of the Iraqi women got pregnant and that is what the Intel described as "blown up"..

Geez... ya gotta read the whole article..