im still debating between 2 motherboard

twitchee2

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2004
I cant shoose which one is the best. Im looking at the DFI-Ultra-D and MSI neo4 Platium. i dont really intend to overclock but i have read that both boards are good at it. please give me input on what you think.

the specs

3700 San Diego
660gt
1 gb partiot 2-3-2-5 2x512
520w modstream
let know if you need to know anythign else.

thanks for all the input.

kcporsche959

Oct 17, 2004
id recommend the dfi if you plan to oc, the msi if you dont. since you dont plan to oc, get the msi.

Carazariah

Aug 11, 2003
I decided between these two and went with the MSI N4 Platinum. . .
It's been running great for a couple of months no issues, and I'm not planning on OC.

C

doinmybestatlast

Oct 23, 2001
I have the MSI SLI and I wish I didn't.

Buy DFI

If you don't overclock why are you considering these two MB when there are many other stable, less costly boards available?

twitchee2

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2004
yea its a 6600gt and i think i will be staying wiith my first choice of DFi thanks guys.

twitchee2

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: KoolDrew
If you don't overclock why are you considering these two MB when there are many other stable, less costly boards available?

did see that. sugestions? i dont really know wahts good and whats not. i was thinking about it in the future when i become more comp savvy.

myrcgarage

Feb 2, 2005
Originally posted by: doinmybestatlast
I have the MSI SLI and I wish I didn't.

Buy DFI

What kind of problem did you have? I am thinking of buying MSI SLI. Please advise.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: The Pentium Guy
A8N-E
Does anyone else have HT multiplier issues with this board? I can't recommend it for overclocking at this time, with the current BIOS, because of this. If ASUS fixes the issue, then it would be a fine O/C and/or general purpose board. Right now, it's just a fine general purpose board. :)