I'm starting to wonder about Robert Mueller

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'm starting to wonder if Mueller is one of them? Protecting Donald trump from exposure?
Mueller has had plenty of time to uncover if Donald Trump is or is not a crook, yet we hear nothing until now when Mueller sends out a statement defending Donald Trump against Buzzfeed.
And that should make one wonder.
Is Mueller really the squeaky clean independent special counsel as we keep hearing, and notably only hearing from other republicans considering Robert Mueller too is a republican?
And no doubt a loyal republican at that.
I wonder... is Mueller uncovering criminal activities involving Donald Trump, and its taking so long because Mueller must first figure out how to make it appear Donald Trump is squeaky clean as well?
My point.... this statement Mueller released defending Donald Trump sounds a bit odd to say the least.
Either THAT, or.....
Possibly Mueller is no longer in charge of this investigation?
Matthew Whitaker is on the scene now. And everyone knows the love Whitaker feels for Donald Trump.
Is it possible this statement against Buzzfeed and defending Donald Trump was in fact at the direct order of Matthew Whitaker?
Directed and ordered by Matthew Whitaker yet signed by Robert Mueller?
This statement released by Mueller could be the work of Trump confidante Matthew Whitaker. It smells like the work of Matthew Whitaker.
If indeed Matthew Whitaker has taken charge AND has the final say in whatever Mueller does or how Mueller proceeds, then forget about finding out the truth.
Matthew Whitaker will make sure Donald Trump is protected and it remains that way.
Still, I do wonder about Robert Mueller's priorities as well.
I mean.... HOW DO WE REALLY KNOW?

Reactions: Muse and cytg111

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I keep wondering if the statement wasn’t misdirection...designed to make the guilty relax a bit...before dropping the hammer.

Of course, the OP could be right...in any of his scenarios. Mueller COULD be playing cover-up to make Trump appear squeaky clean,
Whitaker (or another Trump toady) could actually be runing things behind the scenes, and Mueller is just a front man, or...Teump COULD actually be not guilty of any kind of criminal act....

aad.thumb.gif

Sorry...just had to throw that one in...

Last edited:

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
If there are aspects of this issue and speculations about it on the table, I suggest we recognize the difference between a purely scientific inquiry about the Truth, as opposed to the legal standard biased toward protecting the innocent in criminal law.

Mueller is building a case. We aren't entirely sure what sort of case it may be. Given the multi-year history of data points suggesting Trump's criminality in many ways, I'm comfortable having long ago concluded that Trump is guilty of much that has been insinuated in response to the data points. But Mueller has to prove it "beyond reasonable doubt" for a recalcitrant congress and the public at large.

Therefore, any time the Special Counsel's office speaks to break its unprecedented silence throughout this investigation, the communication will have been well-calculated to preserve the integrity of the investigation. If they say that Buzzfeed's "characterizations" were "inaccurate," it doesn't necessarily mean that Buzzfeed's deduction or conclusion about those documents or testimonies is incorrect. It means that the Special Counsel isn't ready to either indict or publish the same result.

And the reaction of Mueller's office can also be calculated to coax some response from "people of interest" in its investigation -- further testing whether they may have been guilty of obstruction or a similar crime. After all, a lot of the dialog about the investigation occurs in public -- for instance, in statements by Giulianni. Or by Cohen. Or by Trump and White House staff. Is that like the notion of a "perjury trap?" Is it unfair? No, it isn't. Trump would've served himself better if he'd behaved as he'd always been advised -- to keep his unruly mouth shut.

But we do not yet know, and that is "the bottom line" at this point.

Feb 4, 2009
OP I heard that per the committee being set up Mueller is under orders & agreement to report the President lying to Congress immediately.
Mueller needed to make everyone known he is going what he was told to do.

Reactions: cytg111

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Mueller's power over the President rests on the credibility and truthfulness of his report. The results of his investigation. To sway Congress and public opinion at large. That's it. He cannot "fire" the President. Instead, Mueller must act with caution, with dignity, and with integrity. The values that Americans virtue signal all the time, but sadly fail to practice. Mueller must be beyond reproach, or Trump will never be impeached even if he should be.

I think, until this month, Mueller had to be extra cautious not to get too close with his targets, or the Republican Congress could have helped the President shut him down entirely. Even now, the Senate causes a risk to the investigation. But as I said, Mueller didn't have a single ounce of protection until just now. If this investigation is going to strike gold, then it has truly only just begun.

And the journey to pin the tail on America's bloated elephant is still at great peril of being obstructed.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Of course Mueller (or any investigator) being "one of them" is always a possibility. He is a Republican, and a human who could conceivably have his own motives that don't jive with his job description.

However--reading more about Mueller, I don't these this possibility is likely, AT ALL. He's been described above all as a "straight shooter" who thinks things should be done the right way. He took on Enron, and the mob, among others, and showed no mercy toward those crooks.

It's already been said that "plenty of time" doesn't jive with reality of past investigations. The minor one involving Valerie Plame took almost as long iirc. Consider this: there is a chance that this is the largest scandal in American History. We know this isn't just a minor case from the number of people indicted already. Everything has to be rock solid when you are dealing on such a level; this takes time.

As far as why Mueller bagged publicly on the Buzzfeed statement...that is curious, and against the grain for them. We don't know what exactly they disagreed with. It could be that the whole thing is false (from Mueller's perspective), or that there is some minor detail off about it. I suspect that it is true but that Mueller doesn't want it out there just yet, since his own investigation is still going.

Democrats need to stop jumping on every news blurb as a basis for impeachment like a pack of morons. The asses are weakening their own eventual case for it, providing Mueller comes out with solid reasons (beyond, you know, the public blatant obstruction Trump has already committed via tweet and statements....)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
If you've read anything about Mueller's life, it's hard to imagine how he could be on the same side as Il Douche, Putin, or the turtle.

You don't get a reputation beyond reproach like his for just looking serious and being a vet. He's the real deal, it's just suspicious to some because men like him are rare.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If you've read anything about Mueller's life, it's hard to imagine how he could be on the same side as Il Douche, Putin, or the turtle.

You don't get a reputation beyond reproach like his for just looking serious and being a vet. He's the real deal, it's just suspicious to some because men like him are rare.

It's not just him. It's the whole team-

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/politics/meet-the-mueller-team/index.html#/

From a personnel & structural pov, the whole thing is self policing.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
nothing more than CYA...he doesn't want an investigation placed in his lap.

A Devin Nunes style investigation of what? A misleading story supposedly leaked by Mueller's office?

You do love pushing that conspiracy theory.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Of course Mueller (or any investigator) being "one of them" is always a possibility. He is a Republican, and a human who could conceivably have his own motives that don't jive with his job description.

However--reading more about Mueller, I don't these this possibility is likely, AT ALL. He's been described above all as a "straight shooter" who thinks things should be done the right way. He took on Enron, and the mob, among others, and showed no mercy toward those crooks.

It's already been said that "plenty of time" doesn't jive with reality of past investigations. The minor one involving Valerie Plame took almost as long iirc. Consider this: there is a chance that this is the largest scandal in American History. We know this isn't just a minor case from the number of people indicted already. Everything has to be rock solid when you are dealing on such a level; this takes time.

As far as why Mueller bagged publicly on the Buzzfeed statement...that is curious, and against the grain for them. We don't know what exactly they disagreed with. It could be that the whole thing is false (from Mueller's perspective), or that there is some minor detail off about it. I suspect that it is true but that Mueller doesn't want it out there just yet, since his own investigation is still going.

Democrats need to stop jumping on every news blurb as a basis for impeachment like a pack of morons. The asses are weakening their own eventual case for it, providing Mueller comes out with solid reasons (beyond, you know, the public blatant obstruction Trump has already committed via tweet and statements....)

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State

This is reason enough, and well documented.

Feb 4, 2009
A Devin Nunes style investigation of what? A misleading story supposedly leaked by Mueller's office?

You do love pushing that conspiracy theory.

The account has been inactive for years now it’s active again with hot button issues.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I'm starting to wonder if Mueller is one of them? Protecting Donald trump from exposure?
Mueller has had plenty of time to uncover if Donald Trump is or is not a crook, yet we hear nothing until now when Mueller sends out a statement defending Donald Trump against Buzzfeed.
And that should make one wonder.
Is Mueller really the squeaky clean independent special counsel as we keep hearing, and notably only hearing from other republicans considering Robert Mueller too is a republican?
And no doubt a loyal republican at that.
I wonder... is Mueller uncovering criminal activities involving Donald Trump, and its taking so long because Mueller must first figure out how to make it appear Donald Trump is squeaky clean as well?
My point.... this statement Mueller released defending Donald Trump sounds a bit odd to say the least.
Either THAT, or.....
Possibly Mueller is no longer in charge of this investigation?
Matthew Whitaker is on the scene now. And everyone knows the love Whitaker feels for Donald Trump.
Is it possible this statement against Buzzfeed and defending Donald Trump was in fact at the direct order of Matthew Whitaker?
Directed and ordered by Matthew Whitaker yet signed by Robert Mueller?
This statement released by Mueller could be the work of Trump confidante Matthew Whitaker. It smells like the work of Matthew Whitaker.
If indeed Matthew Whitaker has taken charge AND has the final say in whatever Mueller does or how Mueller proceeds, then forget about finding out the truth.
Matthew Whitaker will make sure Donald Trump is protected and it remains that way.
Still, I do wonder about Robert Mueller's priorities as well.
I mean.... HOW DO WE REALLY KNOW?
We dont and we cant. :). Nothing in the verse is 100% except our love for our children :). Vlad would not be Vlad if he had not done his OUTMOST to get or fabricate kompromat on Mueller and his team. You can bet your .......... on that. There is a possibilty for almost every thing.. Indeed god does play dice with the universe :).

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I'm starting to wonder how people here have unique writing styles... Theres Moonbeam, and then there is yours. It's definitely interesting.

Coincidentally, sometimes I think you're both high.

*Takes huge puff*
Ok.. I lol'ed :)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's not just him. It's the whole team-

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/politics/meet-the-mueller-team/index.html#/

From a personnel & structural pov, the whole thing is self policing.

Certainly true and damn straight, Mueller having people like James Quarles and Aaron Zebley in his corner makes me sleep better at night. Jeannie Rhee is from Eric Holder's team, and is even more tech savvy than he is. I know she graduated suma cum laude from Yale too, crazy smart lady.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm starting to wonder how people here have unique writing styles... Theres Moonbeam, and then there is yours. It's definitely interesting.

Coincidentally, sometimes I think you're both high.

*Takes huge puff*
That's not fair. I can say everything sportage does on a page in one sentence. and naturally. also, on a page plus, all while, whipping his ass in thumbs downs.

I have been thinking of getting high, by the way. I picked an interesting looking mushroom in my yard yesterday and set the head on a piece of white paper to see what color the spore pattern would be, kind of an orange brown, in case you're interested, but the real issue is to be safe and explore my real interest, what effect grass might have on consentration and pain, which means I would have to go somewhere, maybe to San Jose. Geez, I don't much like even going across the street. Over there or here it's still me, but here is minus the effort. Besides, what would I say to people who are constantly asking me to take them places. Hey, I smokes some grass and it cured my bad joints?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
That's not fair. I can say everything sportage does on a page in one sentence. and naturally. also, on a page plus, all while, whipping his ass in thumbs downs.

I have been thinking of getting high, by the way. I picked an interesting looking mushroom in my yard yesterday and set the head on a piece of white paper to see what color the spore pattern would be, kind of an orange brown, in case you're interested, but the real issue is to be safe and explore my real interest, what effect grass might have on consentration and pain, which means I would have to go somewhere, maybe to San Jose. Geez, I don't much like even going across the street. Over there or here it's still me, but here is minus the effort. Besides, what would I say to people who are constantly asking me to take them places. Hey, I smokes some grass and it cured my bad joints?

Maybe time to "Turn on, tune in, drop out"?