I'm sorry, I HAVE to start a new thread for Interstellar (2014):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Interstellar (2014):

Wow. Just wow. I mean, wow. Where do I begin? This movie is my childhood fantasy-come-true as an astronomy kid (what boy wasn't?). All my adolescent years I've had numerous dreams about space travel, Einstein's worm holes, special theory of relativity & its resulting time dilation.

I've always gazed at the night sky and marveled at the incomprehensible wonders of space. During sleepovers, my dear friend Tom and I'd look up and soak in just how utterly insignificant the total sum of human knowledge was compared to the rest of the multiverse.

This movie is the perfect manifestation of my boyhood wonder. Thank you, Christopher Nolan. I thought you were just a comic book typecast.

I wish I was born 500 years later. Our intellectual & technological advancement would be some unimaginable trippy stuff.

Repost; long discussion happening here: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2383278&highlight=interstellar

Anandtech Administrator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I only saw it for the first time 2 days ago..and I haven't stopped thinking about it.

I love high-brow sci-fi.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I only saw it for the first time 2 days ago..and I haven't stopped thinking about it.

I love high-brow sci-fi.

That's the term. High-brow sci-fi.

There isn't enough of them. What else is out there?

To me, Interstellar ranks next to my previously lonely top pick of my all-time fav scifi- The Contact.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
That's the term. High-brow sci-fi.

There isn't enough of them. What else is out there?

To me, Interstellar ranks next to my previously lonely top pick of my all-time fav scifi- The Contact.

Not sure about other movies out there..but I've read plenty novels though. Sadly.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I wholeheartedly agree with OP. Because of my fascination with space and exploration since childhood Interstellar became my all time favorite movie after watching it. It was the perfect movie to see in Imax as well.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
It really is an awesome movie. I was thinking about it for days after I saw it. It is a must see in the theater movie IMO but I will buy the Blu-ray disc when it is released.

:thumbsup: Love this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.