I'm sick - any advice?

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Since Saturday after my hockey game, I've had the chills, been hot, been going hot cold hot cold. I ran a 102 temp on Sat, felt better yesturday just tired and now I'm staying home from school because I'm running 101 and doing that hot cold hot cold thing again

I've taken 2 Tylenol, what else to cure me? Thanks.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Tylenol won't cure you, it'll only numb your nerves and make you not hurt. The best cure for a fever is chicken noodle soup, plenty of liquids, and lots and lots of rest. Don't eat any fried foods either. Drink lots and lots of water...you'll be feeling better in no time.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Also...a secret Chinese cure is to take some ginseng and mix with hot water for a kind of tea...it doesn't taste that great but it helps you sleep and makes you feel better

syzygy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2001
chamomile tea served and drank hot might help.

or you could look into combining leeches, boiled toad feet, and clipped fruit fly wings.
grind them together until you achieve a thick paste. then sit on it. :)

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
yep..i say,get some OTC sedatives and stay comatose til the bug runs its course :)

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
ekenasia (sp?)

get some "dayquil" it will get you feeling numb and active, kill the pains, wire you out, etc.

Sleep, drink a ton of fluids, orange juice, whatever. Take vitams. pee alot.

xraymongral

Banned
Nov 25, 2000
Try going to the doc and seeing if what you have is bacterial, then some anti-biotica will get you back in shape.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
headcahe once in a while ... constant change in temperature ...

I've been resting and relaxing all morning. The problem is that I have a big week of school this week and if I knock myself out I wont be able to sleep tonight and I'll need my rest for the rest of the week ...

Thanks for the advice everyone. Right now its relaxation/lots and lots of water for me ... I'll have some soup soon.

kbm5

Banned
Feb 22, 2001
Theraflu! Best medicine in the world for what you have, and it tastes good, too! :)

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
dafatha00 is wrong, Tylenol is very good for what you have. It will alleviate the aches and reduce the fever. In the meantime, get rest, drink fluids and eat chicken noodle soup.

You'll be right as rain in no time.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Make sure you take in some vitamin C. That helps your body deal with the problem, and helps you stay healthy once you get better.

Other than that, rest, fluids, and more rest.

Feel better soon!:)

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
How am I wrong?? I said Tylenol won't CURE you. Sure it'll relieve headaches and your nerves, but that's only because they act as a numbing agent. Notice on the box it says TEMPORARY RELIEF. It merely makes you feel better, but it still doesn't cure your fever, learn to read foo

Nerd

Banned
Mar 6, 2001
I usually just pound A LOT of water. Water, and sleep are the two best things you can do while you're sick.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
yes i have been doing tylenol and tons upon tons of water along with rest. i feel a lot better but kinda fatigued.

Impact55

Platinum Member
Feb 16, 2000
Did you drink out of someone else's waterbottle? You should go to the doctor to make sure you don't have Mono.