i'm screwed...birthday help

SaoFeng

Oct 25, 2006
my wife's birthday is on wed, and i don't have any gift for her yet..

OH MAN...i am so screwed.

i need some serious help!

I have a surprise dinner planned --- her friends will be there ...but i need a killer gift.

any ideas?

SaoFeng

Oct 25, 2006
i just gave her a huge ring last year when we got engaged.....i'm broke still. Hahhaah

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you gave her a huge engagement ring last year why is there an urgent need to get a 'killer gift' this year?

A nice compact handgun would be a good 'killer gift'.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: SaoFeng
i just gave her a huge ring last year when we got engaged.....i'm broke still. Hahhaah

hey, you want to be out of the doghouse or not? lol

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Looks like she's going to leave you like that other dudes chick did.

In fact, if she gets all upset if she doesn't have some expensive gift, then I'd dump the bitch. A surprise dinner is a nice thing to do. Points++ if you are cooking it. Maybe some flowers and a nice note in a card. That should suffice.

Feb 6, 2007
It's the thought that counts. If all you're thinking is "I need to spend a lot of money to impress her," well, that's not the best thought to be having with your SO, know what I mean? You could always tell her the truth: "Honey, I am an inconsiderate prick who waited until the last minute without bothering to think of anything you might like for your birthday, and when I was still unable to think of a gift, I asked an internet forum for advice because I don't know you well enough to find something you would actually enjoy." Well, that might not go over so well, maybe you shouldn't try that...

SaoFeng

Oct 25, 2006
well i have a cool surprise party planned last minute for her on WEd...

and then i'm taking her out this weekned to wine country

she isn't materialistic...but i like to spoil her :)

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000

Use a credit card? Go to the bank and get a personal loan? C'mon man, its the American way! ;)

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Something personal, like a favorite picture you two together in a nice frame. Or something...should be inexpensive but sentimental.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
It's the thought that counts. If all you're thinking is "I need to spend a lot of money to impress her," well, that's not the best thought to be having with your SO, know what I mean? You could always tell her the truth: "Honey, I am an inconsiderate prick who waited until the last minute without bothering to think of anything you might like for your birthday, and when I was still unable to think of a gift, I asked an internet forum for advice because I don't know you well enough to find something you would actually enjoy." Well, that might not go over so well, maybe you shouldn't try that...

:thumbsdown:

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: everman
Something personal, like a favorite picture you two together in a nice frame. Or something...should be inexpensive but sentimental.

Go with this... And flowers.

SaoFeng

Oct 25, 2006
the nerd in me wants to get her a digital picture frame, since i always take pictures w/my canon xti and she complains that i never print them out.
is that too nerdy, or is that cool?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
the nerd in me wants to get her a digital picture frame, since i always take pictures w/my canon xti and she complains that i never print them out.

Sounds like a good idea ... get one of the ones that can play music too & set it up to play Happy Birthday, then load up several romantic pics of the two of you together.

Add flowers & a moderate dinner out ... you'll be golden.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Get her the digital picture frame. If you want to do more, get her something for the trip this weekend to the wine country. Maybe a new coat or jacket or scarf or something?

Great gifts do NOT have to cost much. It really is the thought that matters. Blowing a lot of money on something without much thought can sometimes be the 'easy' way out; if you put great thought into what would make her happy, a gift could cost nothing at all and be the best gift ever.

BKLounger

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
dude I was in teh same exact boat as you. What I did was make a coupon saying I would take her to New York (included in that was going to a show, hotel and dinner). The great part about this is you don't have to spend any cash up front and you don't have to plan anything until she wants to go, giving you some extra time to save some cash.

Is there any place in a near by state she would want to go on a trip to?

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com

Sounds pretty good to me.

SaoFeng

Oct 25, 2006
alright...i am going to hit up best buy and circuit city for a digital photo frame right now....

all my female coworkers want me to get her a designer purse or diamond earrings....screw that. ahah

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001

if shes not materialistic why are you so worried that you will end up in the doghouse if you show up with no gift?

IlllI

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2002

you are soooo whipped

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: OdiN
Looks like she's going to leave you like that other dudes chick did.

In fact, if she gets all upset if she doesn't have some expensive gift, then I'd dump the bitch. A surprise dinner is a nice thing to do. Points++ if you are cooking it. Maybe some flowers and a nice note in a card. That should suffice.

Amen!