I'm scared

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Sad, but what can you expect when people's hearts are full of GREED. Check 'em out while you can, boys. The days of free knowledge are probably starting to end.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Ahahahahha! Libraries were the first napster, never thought about that. I don't understand how they say it encourages people to purchase books, I don't think I've ever bought a book I got out of the library.

warcleric

Banned
May 31, 2000
I think this is a good thing. This will put an end to the crap authors of today and force kids who cant afford to buy books, to read the classics. These authors are cutting their own throats, the library was what started me on my 2 book a week habit for the last 15 years. I am afraid that killing off libraries will be killing off interest in reading, which will kill off the need for writers.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Libraries are fortunate to have an important part in human history superceding some of the more stupid and extreme things we see being done today in the name of "intellectual property". I can only assume the difference today is the amount of money being spent by huge media conglomerates to get laws passed that defy common sense. Why people are not more outraged by things such as the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, the recent Napster decisions, and the DeCSS silliness puzzles me. As far as I am concerned we should all be flooding our representatives mailboxes regarding this.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
This is going to be a big problem... isn't it someones law of information... when information is available instantly it has no value. or something like that.

The fact is ... people will not be able to make money off of information in the same manner they used to. If you release information (music, news articles, books) expect that it will be virtually free from that point onward. The only way to retain value is by shoving a hundred government regulations down everyone's throats. It has long been that the real value of Music and Video and Books is the delivery method.. which is why publishers have always made a hundred times what the actual artist or writer makes. Times are a'changin!... and the regulation will not hold... a law is only viable when it is enforceable... and we will see more and more ways around regulations.

Free Information!
-Max