I'm Radioactive Today....

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
They gave me two capsules with radioactive iodine this morning. Its to see if my thyroid is acting up. The radioactive iodine will congregate at my thyroid and then it can be scanned by an instrument. It just seems weird to be ingesting something that is nuclear in nature. Hope I don't get leukemia in 10 years...

I joked with the nurse about setting off a radiation detector, and she said that it was possible if I was checking in at the airport - with all the new terrorist screening and such. Gee, that made me feel real comfortable.

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
I turn green when I'm angry...... you wouldn't like me when I'm angry....

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
They gave me two capsules with radioactive iodine this morning. Its to see if my thyroid is acting up.

that's what they want you to think. they're giving you lukemia, so they don't have to tell you your thyroid is overactive.

freak.

;)

:D

crisp82

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: guyver01
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
They gave me two capsules with radioactive iodine this morning. Its to see if my thyroid is acting up.

that's what they want you to think. they're giving you lukemia, so they don't have to tell you your thyroid is overactive.

freak.

;)

:D

d00d, not funny, my sister had Leukeamia

ClueLis

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2003
I had Thyroid disease 3 years go. The iodine they gave you won't give you cancer, but if you are worried about the illness, feel free to pm or im me. The disease sucks. :(