I'm proud of the NFL players this year

Thorny

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
Don't know if you guys feel the same way, but I was very impressed with the overall level of sportsmanship this year. Sure there were still the usual small fights on the field, and I'm not considering activities off the field, but I've got to give the players credit brecause for the most part I witnessed some very professional behavior. I know there were a few bad apples that pop into my mind (Haynesworth), but overall I didn't noticed near as much crying and bad sportsmanship. What did you guys think?

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
I am actually pretty consistantly surprised by the good sprotsmanship I see in professional football. Member of opposing teams are often helping each other up, or clapping when the other team makes a good play. Obviously there are the bad apples, but for people who are generally stereotyped as being violent and not very intellegent they do act pretty professional, especially considering the level of emotional stress invovled in a football game.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Did you see Haynesworth stomp on Gurode's head with his cleats earlier this year, resulting in many stitches and almost putting out his eye? There are still thugs in the NFL.

Thorny

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Originally posted by: Mo0o
clearly you dont watch giants games

The two I watched seemed O.K. But those two were the only ones I saw. I assumed Eli was like his brother and ran a pretty clean ship, is that not the case?

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
Originally posted by: wyvrn
Did you see Haynesworth stomp on Gurode's head with his cleats earlier this year, resulting in many stitches and almost putting out his eye? There are still thugs in the NFL.

Yeah, other than this event, I have to mostly agree with the OP. I think the big difference this year is that T.O. was mostly in control. That guy was giving the whole NFL a bad image (of late).

Thorny

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
Originally posted by: wyvrn

Did you read the OP :p

I agree, he should've gotten the boot and arrested for that.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I was glad not to see all the excessive celebrating like we saw all last year. The playoffs have been a joy. Watching the Colts / Ravens game yesterday, there was hardly any extra celebrating. Didn't really notice any of that either in today's Bears / Seahawks game.

Touchdowns aside, it's the celebrations after every tackle, after every first down, even if the team is getting blown out they still do their little dance. Can't stand watching any of that. And they stick the cameras on them every single time. And they make the picture in the newspaper every single time. Ugh...

Though there's still a ways to go. Remember the Raiders / Chargers game with the Chargers down by 7 in the 4th quarter, receiver makes a first down, tumbles without ever being touched, comes up and spikes a live ball in celebration. Ruled an illegal forward pass, Chargers keep posession, instead of what should have been a fumble recovered by the Raiders.

cw42

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
There weren't really any good TD celebrations from Ocho, or TO. :/ Except maybe the river dance.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: cubby1223
I was glad not to see all the excessive celebrating like we saw all last year. The playoffs have been a joy. Watching the Colts / Ravens game yesterday, there was hardly any extra celebrating. Didn't really notice any of that either in today's Bears / Seahawks game.

Touchdowns aside, it's the celebrations after every tackle, after every first down, even if the team is getting blown out they still do their little dance. Can't stand watching any of that. And they stick the cameras on them every single time. And they make the picture in the newspaper every single time. Ugh...

Though there's still a ways to go. Remember the Raiders / Chargers game with the Chargers down by 7 in the 4th quarter, receiver makes a first down, tumbles without ever being touched, comes up and spikes a live ball in celebration. Ruled an illegal forward pass, Chargers keep posession, instead of what should have been a fumble recovered by the Raiders.

That was f'in BS :|

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Originally posted by: KillerCharlie
At least it's not like soccer where all the crybabies pretend to get hurt all the time.

In football they grin and bear it. :p

(Things you'd never see in hockey.)

ROFL that's great.

yeah, i refuse to watch any soccer (including world cup) because professional soccer players are such whining pvssies. i've played soccer since i was 6 and can't stand those little b!tches (i'm also pretty small and easily knocked over, so if anything, i'd be the one complaining ;))