"I'm pro-choice and I'm running for County Assessor."

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
"The folks in Washington spend too much money. That's why I'm running for School Board."

I find that Madonna's candidate endorsements matter to me slightly more than candidate statements on policy matters that have nothing to do with the office they are seeking.

When listening to candidates, the first filter (other than "they're talking therefore lying") I put their statements through is "Does this have anything to do with the office this person is seeking?" If not, the statement gets tossed out as irrelevant. It is easy for candidates to spout off on issues for which they will hold no responsibility.

How about you? Do you care if your City Aldercritter wants to privatize Social Security?

Feb 6, 2007
I don't watch any political advertisements whatsoever. I will literally turn off my TV for 3 minutes during commercial breaks rather than watch a single second of political advertising. You don't find as much of the "I'm pro-choice and I'm running for city council" when reading through the candidate statements in the voter's guide, and if I do find those, I tend to discount those candidates as idiots who shouldn't be in office even if they're espousing a position I agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.