I'm on 11.10 drivers.................

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
WHats the best most stable AMD driver out there?
I have been waiting till the 11. a, b, cap 4 .3 or whatever has calmed down to update my new cards.

I'm looking for a driver that I won't have to worry about for a while.
Just set it and forget it like I did with my gtx460.

any suggestions?:confused:

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
Hocp just did another Skyrim dual gpu review.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/11/28/skyrim_amd_crossfirex_performance_iq_review
AMD Drivers - AMD just released Catalyst 11.11b Performance Driver on November 25th, 2011. This driver specifically brings CrossFireX support to Skyrim, but only on the Radeon HD 6000 series of video cards. The previous generation, Radeon HD 5000 series still does not have CrossFireX support, and that will come later in a future driver. This is very important to note, only users with Radeon HD 6000 series GPUs, will get this CrossFireX support at this time with this driver.

Also note, that with this driver you do not need Catalyst Application Profile (CAP 11.11 CAP2) installed to get CrossFireX support in Skyrim. The CrossFireX support is built into the driver itself for Skyrim, and is not associated with a CAP file. However, for all other CrossFireX support in games, you will want the latest CAP installed so you get CrossFireX support in your other games. It won't matter if you have CAP installed for Skyrim specifically though.

Follow all those directions, and you are good to go !

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
All of the Drivers are relatively stable. You should be able to set and forget no matter what you have.

I have never had unstable AMD drivers, and I doubt you have either.