I'm off to the Nissan Dealership to get a bunch of major and minor repairs done.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Of course since Hyundais will have a meltdown once that period ends.

Yes, no, mabe so. But any vehicle is susceptible to faults depending on a number of factors including parts, design, wear and tear by the user, slamming into potholes and speed bumps at 30MPH thinking its no big deal (yes, people actually do that shit), etc.

I've owned Hyundais for over 10 years years and overall satisfied with their track record.

The worst car I've ever owned was a Porsche. Biggest lemon ever.

My nephew had a 2014 Ford Fiesta with only 80,000 miles and that car was rolling pile of garbage. Parts broke often, regularly and frequently. The car rattled, leaked air and moisture into the cabin, the radio would not turn off sometimes unless you pulled the awkwardly placed fuse, the car alarm would go off randomly day or night, so you had to leave it unlocked, the climate control actuators failed regularly, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I'm at the Hyundai dealership getting my free complimentary maintenance on my 2022 Tucson SEL at 4500 miles.

Wish me luck. :eek:
Last month, I brought my VW in for its first free oil change. Service guy claimed I was not entitled to a free oil change and I would be charged.
Collected my keys, walked out. Immediately called corporate.
Second dealership started the same way but service manager called corporate while I was there. Basically it's a training issue corporate really needs to address.
Wonder how many people are paying for stuff they are entitled too.

Last edited:
Reactions: FelixDeCat

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Yes, no, mabe so. But any vehicle is susceptible to faults depending on a number of factors including parts, design, wear and tear by the user, slamming into potholes and speed bumps at 30MPH thinking its no big deal (yes, people actually do that shit), etc.

I've owned Hyundais for over 10 years years and overall satisfied with their track record.

The worst car I've ever owned was a Porsche. Biggest lemon ever.

My nephew had a 2014 Ford Fiesta with only 80,000 miles and that car was rolling pile of garbage. Parts broke often, regularly and frequently. The car rattled, leaked air and moisture into the cabin, the radio would not turn off sometimes unless you pulled the awkwardly placed fuse, the car alarm would go off randomly day or night, so you had to leave it unlocked, the climate control actuators failed regularly, etc, etc, etc.

Meanwhile, a Fiesta ST is a comically fun car to drive. Unfortunately, it's a Fiesta at its core. A car that sold for 15k.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Last month, I brought my VW in for its first free oil change. Service guy claimed I was not entitled to a free oil change and I would be charged.
Collected my keys, walked out. Immediately called corporate.
Second dealership started the same way but service manager called corporate while I was there. Basically it's a training issue corporate really needs to address.
Wonder how many people are paying for stuff they are entitled too.

Mine is supposed to have 36 most of free normal maintenance. Hopefully it turns out that way.

I've owned 14 vehicles and never had that before. I always had to pay. When a car is under warranty I would get it done at the dealer so they won't claim everything wasn't done by the book as a reason to deny warranty work.

Dec 10, 2005
When a car is under warranty I would get it done at the dealer so they won't claim everything wasn't done by the book as a reason to deny warranty work.
I haven't had to do it yet (because I haven't owned a car with a warranty yet), but they also say you should hold on to all service receipts; you're allowed to get your car serviced outside of a dealership. Holding on to those records would then help you justify that you did all the appropriate scheduled maintenance and make it hard for them to deny any warranty repairs.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Mechanic got back to me. The power steering has a teeny bit of play that was barely noticeable. He did not recommend fixing it.
The front lower left ball joint had a teeny bit of play, also not noticeable. He did not recommend fixing it.
My exhaust system is a mess, he did recommend replacing it, at a cost of roughly 2800 dollars, which is more than the dealership wanted.

He was still looking into the door lock. BUT, they do not charge 299 dollars to replace headlight bulbs, so I got that going for me which is nice.

Reactions: nakedfrog

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Mechanic got back to me. The power steering has a teeny bit of play that was barely noticeable. He did not recommend fixing it.
The front lower left ball joint had a teeny bit of play, also not noticeable. He did not recommend fixing it.
My exhaust system is a mess, he did recommend replacing it, at a cost of roughly 2800 dollars, which is more than the dealership wanted.

He was still looking into the door lock. BUT, they do not charge 299 dollars to replace headlight bulbs, so I got that going for me which is nice.

Try an actual exhaust/muffler shop.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010

So he said it was OK to have a little play with your balls?

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Autozone changes bulbs and wipers for free btw. And god PLEASE tell me this is a joke thread :O and for just $199, I can link you to a video showing you how to change your own bulb if you like, saving you even more, for if your mechanich charges you ANYTHING, they have been seeing you come from a mile away. Ask to have you headlight fluid level checked as well, may be why the bulb blew :p (JOKING)

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
We have a couple places that are combo Nissan Hyundai dealerships.
I walked in.

2800 dollars?
Did your catalytic converter fail?
For 2800 that better include cats