I'm not sure how I feel about this shower design.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I like it. It's efficient. Edit: Unfortunately, I just realized there's no place to store bottles of any kind, so it's not as practical as I would have hoped. However, I'd still use it without complaining.
What is efficient about it? Because it's in the middle of the room, it utilizes none of the already included wall space of the room. It's exactly the opposite of efficient. It's pure opulence, nothing more.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Completely impractical. There's about a thousand shower designs I'd prefer to have (especially ones that fit more than one person).

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
What is efficient about it? Because it's in the middle of the room, it utilizes none of the already included wall space of the room. It's exactly the opposite of efficient. It's pure opulence, nothing more.

Looks like it's a hotel room. Having the bathroom in the living space saves space. Probably just a water closet for the toilet.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
18872451.jpg

(as seen on reddit)
Looks like a ultra modern mini Japanese motel room in a high rise. Bed, TV, table/chair, sink, shower, ?shitter?, with a mid-town view. Plastic tree trunk and plant for décor. Ya. Some where Asian. Could even be on a cruise ship if that is a view of the docks. Shower? Exhibitionist fantasy or paranoid anti Bates Motel model? Too small, I need more elbow room.

Reactions: Meghan54

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Side note, is glass really that much of a pain to clean? I've been thinking of getting rid of the bar and shower curtain and going with a sliding glass door setup. I assume there must be away to retro fit that? I hate constantly fighting with the curtain in the morning, ex it wants to move around and stick on me etc. Since a door would be going straight down to the edge of the tub vs at an angle towards inside the tub like a curtain it would make the shower bigger too.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Totally fails since there is no obvious 'insta-dry' warm air blower system. I never should have watched the Jetsons as a kid - reality is a bit disappointing :(;)

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Side note, is glass really that much of a pain to clean? I've been thinking of getting rid of the bar and shower curtain and going with a sliding glass door setup. I assume there must be away to retro fit that? I hate constantly fighting with the curtain in the morning, ex it wants to move around and stick on me etc. Since a door would be going straight down to the edge of the tub vs at an angle towards inside the tub like a curtain it would make the shower bigger too.

short answer yes

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I hate glass shower doors. That thing looks like a nightmare to keep clean unless you're paying someone to clean it daily. If not, it's going to look disgusting after about two showers.
The key is to never clean it. Eventually the scaling covers the glass in a smooth translucent coat.

Reactions: pete6032

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
It's not that bad. We squeegee the door after every shower - takes about 15 seconds (6 swipes) and keeps it pretty clean.