I'm not sorry, Diablo 4 looks like a hot lazy pile of Diablo3.1

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Blizzard is a shell of it's former self. I mean, even that phrase has gotten old.

I'm not a hater, I loved old school titles as well as recent smash hits such as Overwatch.

Watch this latest gameplay. Their release date is June. That's only 3 months. So this clip is basically the look and feel of the finished product.

It's the same Diablo 3! And I liked 3. This is just a rehashed crap.

Look at the art direction of Elden Ring. The similar horror fantasy genre title gives me absolute the creeps.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
I'll wait and see what the old timers think after playing it...

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
I have to respectfully disagree. I just watched it and it looks fantastic. Can't wait to buy it this June.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I was a huge fan of Diablo, Diablo II and LOD. I bought D3 but never even made it through the training tutorial-it generated absolute zero interest in me.

Flashy graphics don't make a good game. Chess and Monopoly are prime examples of A+ board games that-it their cores-have minimal absolutely no visual flash.

Feb 4, 2009
I haven’t really followed it kind of lost interest in diablo around diablo 2 time.
There will be a proper open beta for all next month. I’ll check it out.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
I am still waiting on info on character slots, are they like D2 & near infinite or D3 craptastically limited. Kinda hard to be a hoarder if you can't store all the stuff you need.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Is it pay to play? Will they have new skins and skills locked behind some pay wall?

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I'm definitely interested in this. i skipped D3 and played the crap out of PoE. I'd like to dig into something new. PoE2 being too far out.

Reactions: Thump553

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Not sure what you are expecting? Diablo 3 plays the same as Diablo 2 which plays the same as Diablo 1 which plays the same as PoE which plays the same as torchlight, etc. It is a genre, they all look very similar in play style. This will live or die in the skill/build variety (which PoE is king of).

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Is it pay to play? Will they have new skins and skills locked behind some pay wall?

Its pay to play...
And it has no ties with Diablo immortal branch.
They are not going to put stuff behind paywalls, or at least thats what they say.
Also Mobile is not primary like immortal was, its a straight desktop release.

I already preordered the deluxe edition, so im waiting for the paid beta preview.
i'll let you guys know after i get a chance to play it.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Thanks OP! That gameplay actually looks pretty good. I loved my Diablo 2 javazon, but never played Diablo 3. Seeing that Druid throw lightning everywhere makes me want to play 4.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Not sure what you are expecting? Diablo 3 plays the same as Diablo 2 which plays the same as Diablo 1 which plays the same as PoE which plays the same as torchlight, etc. It is a genre, they all look very similar in play style. This will live or die in the skill/build variety (which PoE is king of).
I wholeheartedly disagree with everything you said apart form the last sentence. each game you listed has its own play style and meta. PoE has been a "zoom zoom" speedmapping game for several years now which is nothing like Diablo 1 and 2 or Torchlight. the artistic style is different, Torchlight is very cartoony and arcade-like, similar to World of Warcraft almost. Diablo and PoE are dark and gritty.
Even though they share the same genre, they are very different games and appeal to different audiences.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi and Thump553

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Here I am replaying Grim Dawn after 1200+ hours and not caring in the slightest about Diablo 4. I wanted to get D3, but the persistent connection threw me off ever since it was announced and I kinda never looked back. All of their decisions just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll probably look into D4 here in a few years just in case they try another auction house style cash-grab.

Reactions: blckgrffn

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I'll probably play D4 at some point this summer. Tried getting into Immortal on PC a little bit recently but idk if I actually like it.

Oh man, long live PoE though... that game's amazing.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
To me the actual game itself seems alright, it's darker than D3 was, very comparable to D2's atmosphere and presentation (and art style) just very modernized with current visual standards. The gameplay seems alright too, nothing I see that really bothers me.

However, with this being said, I do worry about the game's Implementations of whatever it is they'll find to milk to the bones; because yes, they WILL do something out of D4 that will cost money (and will provide shortcuts instead of grinding). I do love the Diablo universe in general, although D3's story was trash I do see the 'value' in D4's. But again, I keep my expectations relatively low. I recall pre-ordering Diablo 3 back then (only to be confronted by the inability to immediately play the game due to server issues... something they would have had 10 years to prepare for). I will not 'risk' it this time, nor do I have actual enough information to really know how they will implement certain 'exploitable' elements of the game to turn into their cash cow.

So yeah this time, no pre-order, no 'Day One' purchase. I'll wait and see if it crash-lands, or if it seems to be relatively smooth from the start. I'll give it a good 2 or 3 months period for the inevitible initial issues, bugs and balance problems to be found and fixed; then I think I'll consider it.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I picked up D3 again after many years to try the necromancer. Its fun enough but I think my interest in action rpgs is mostly gone as I was getting bored after no more than an hour. I should go actually try Grim Dawn again and the D2 remaster.

D4 is very much in a wait and see stance for me.

Reactions: Stg-Flame