"I'm not gay" says another Republican.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
http://politicalticker.blogs.c...sex-scandal/#more-2839

November 1, 2007
State GOP lawmaker in gay sex scandal
Watch CNN's Carol Costello report on the latest scandal.
WASHINGTON (CNN) ? It has been a truly scandalous few months for the GOP ? for the third time in three months a Republican lawmaker is accused of soliciting sex with another man.

This time it's Washington State Rep. Richard Curtis ? whose ?I?m not gay? defense sounds a lot like Florida State Rep. Bob Allen's and Idaho Senator Larry Craig's.

Curtis told the Columbian newspaper in Spokane that he did not have sex with the man.

But the Spokane police department tell CNN a different story.

They say that on October 26, Curtis, dressed in women's lingerie, is alleged to have approached a young man in the "Hollywood Erotic Boutique."

The rest of the story is contained in a graphic 50 page police document. The young man alleges Curtis offered him $1,000 for unprotected sex at a nearby hotel.

And he says, "At the conclusion of the sexual activities, Curtis fell asleep."

The police report says the man, Cody Castagna, then took Curtis? wallet ? in order to extort money from the representative ? and "threatened to publicly expose Richard Curtis' gay lifestyle to his wife."

At that point, police say Curtis called on an officer to investigate, hoping the incident would go away once police nabbed a suspect for taking his wallet.

Instead the media got wind of the case and found Curtis' alleged sex partner?who went public with his attorney.

"He gave me his wallet?as collateral for what he promised me" said Castagna.

It's a particularly ugly drama unfolding around another conservative Republican lawmaker. Like Florida State Rep. Bob Allen, who has pled not guilty to a charge of soliciting gay sex in July and Sen. Larry Craig, who is trying to withdraw his guilty plea on a charge of disorderly conduct in a restroom at Minneapolis Airport.

Curtis is married with children ? and votes conservatively. He has voted against a domestic partnership bill, and a bill that would have outlawed discrimination based on sexual orientation.

On Wednesday he announced he was resigning his seat and said in a statement: ?Events that have recently come to light have hurt a lot of people. I sincerely apologize for any pain my actions may have caused.

?This has been damaging to my family, and I don't want to subject them to any additional pain that might result from carrying out this matter under the scrutiny that comes with holding public office.?

The Spokane County prosecutor is considering whether to bring a charge of extortion against Castagna.

Could have fooled me. :laugh:

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
must have been caught talking on the phone with another dude.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
bahahahahahahahaha.

why are the self-hating 'im not gay' types always the most super kinked out? barebacking some random guy wearing women's clothing? fuck.

I feel bad for his wife who he is no doubt exposing to any number of fucked up things

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
I don't get it.. if you're dressed as a woman, having sex with a man isn't gay, right?

If that's not the case, Mugs has got some splainin to do.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
It makes complete sense that the most firebreathing anti-gay Republicans are actually gay. Think about it, they've been taught since they were young that homosexuality is evil and will be the downfall of mankind. If they actually happen to be gay, you know damn well that they're going to be fighting it and they're fearful that they'll be caught. So what do they do? Publicly bash the lifestyle and publicly moralize (see Ted Haggard) and/or publicly legislate against it (see the ever growing gay RNC officeholders). Plus, when you repress it, it has to really screw you up too, which would certainly explain the freakish nature in what they get caught doing.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
This is a misunderstanding. He was only a gay republican for Halloween.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: cwjerome
Wow.

Maybe all republicans are gay. Even the gay ones.

No, the gay ones are actually repressed heteros, because all republicans are hypocrites.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Holy happenstance Batman, another one of these?!?!!?

The Republicans need to take a cue from Bill and get their interns to earn that internship they got...they'd be much better off!

You've got to wonder though: With as hard of a time Dem's are having on accomplishing anything other than demonstrating why they suk as a party, if some of these are elaborate setups to gain removal of Republican opponents and foster ill will toward the Republican party in upcoming elections. It's certainly not inconceivable...

Chuck

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: chucky2

The Republicans need to take a cue from Bill and get their interns to earn that internship they got...they'd be much better off!

You've got to wonder though: With as hard of a time Dem's are having on accomplishing anything other than demonstrating why they suk as a party, if some of these are elaborate setups to gain removal of Republican opponents and foster ill will toward the Republican party in upcoming elections. It's certainly not inconceivable...

Chuck

Yeah. But maybe they are really Al-Qaeda operatives sent to s*ck Republican d*cks to defeat us in the War on Terror?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Originally posted by: techs

Chuck

Yeah. But maybe they are really Al-Qaeda operatives sent to s*ck Republican d*cks to defeat us in the War on Terror?

Impossible! The totally trustworthy Iranian PM said they don't have the gay problem over there like we do here! Or are you talking about AQinUS operatives? Oh the possibilities! :)

Chuck

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: techs

Chuck

Impossible! The totally trustworthy Iranian PM said they don't have the gay problem over there like we do here! Or are you talking about AQinUS operatives? Oh the possibilities! :)

Chuck

If the Iranian PM is denying a gay problem, well, what we've learned from Republicans is those who deny it......

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Since Curtis, as a man, was dressed up as a woman, it's only logical and certainly reasonable to assume that the young man in the "Hollywood Erotic Boutique" was actually a woman dressed as a man.

Right? . . . . Anyone? . . . . . Bueller??? . . . . :shocked:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
ANOTHER gay Republican???

Just think about how many there are, conisdering that most probably don't act so recklessly and get caught.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
wouldnt this make him bi-sexual if anything?

Depends whether he's sexually attracted to his wife, or 'fakes it' for his political career, denial, or whatever.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Yet many republicans denounce Hillary's marriage as a sham.:roll:

It is. Now what does that have to do with a State Rep from Washington's supposed "gayness"?

What I find interesting with all these cases is that the ever so tolerant liberals get pretty nasty with the "gay" jokes and belittlement. It's as if it's OK to do that since it's a "Republican".

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Yet many republicans denounce Hillary's marriage as a sham.:roll:

It is. Now what does that have to do with a State Rep from Washington's supposed "gayness"?

What I find interesting with all these cases is that the ever so tolerant liberals get pretty nasty with the "gay" jokes and belittlement. It's as if it's OK to do that since it's a "Republican".

Exactly. If he has spoken out against homosexuals, then fine, make fun of his hypocrisy.

But just like the Craig thread, many just make fun of his homosexuality, which ironically, shows their own hypocrisy.