I'm not any of these things: a dog fan, a Paul Walker fan, a Disney fan

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397313/

Truely awesome movie, caught me completely by surprise as I had low expectations for it. Two things that will happen to you if you watch this for the first time and have a pulse: one scene will scare the crap out of you, and at some point you will shed a tear. I won't say if it's a happy ending or not, but the movie itself is well made and acted fairly well (Jason Biggs blows in any non-American Pie movie it seems).

Queue it up if you have Netflix, download it if you're a pirate, but this is one movie you should take 2 hours to watch one day with your kids, SO, or even by yourself.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
You mean the scene where the sea lion or whatever jumped outta the dead killer whale? Yeah, I totally pissed my pants.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Baked
You mean the scene where the sea lion or whatever jumped outta the dead killer whale? Yeah, I totally pissed my pants.

Yup, that's the one lol.

Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, my son and I both laughed at ourselves for being such sissy's over that scene. I do believe there was some squealing like little girls involved IIRC.

Good movie too!

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Okay, you're not a dog fan, a Paul Walker fan, or a Disney fan.

Why did you decide to watch the movie in the first place, even if you liked it?

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
How can anyone not be a dog fan? :frown:

I thought this movie was a nice entertaining family movie. Paul Walker was certainly better than he has been in his other movies (which to be honest doesn't say much at all because he was terrible. Anybody ever see timeline?). I enjoyed the movie.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004

Yeah, I jumped like a little girl on that part.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
Okay, you're not a dog fan, a Paul Walker fan, or a Disney fan.

Why did you decide to watch the movie in the first place, even if you liked it?

Actually my Grandpa saw it because he's a big Iditarod fan and thought it would be about dog sled racing. He saw it and told me it was good so I took a chance on it.