I'm looking for a web site that tells you what kind of music you might like.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
I remember there being clouds containing the names of artists you can select, and it creates a spider web of music you might like, based off the artists you selected.

Help?

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
If you listen long enough, Pandora will give you a really good idea what else you might like...they go really in-depth about why you might like an artist, too.

theblackbox

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2004
did you try using genius in itunes. i've found it does a suprisingly good job once in a while.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: AnonymouseUser
Is this what you are looking for?

Wow cool - I've been looking for a way to describe some of the techno I have. Thanks!

cirrhosis

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2005
I remember seeing what you're talking about a few years ago but I can't remember the site either. I did some searching and came across this, it's sort of similar in a way (uses the branching concept) but isn't quite what I originally recall.

Edit: This looks very familiar.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Originally posted by: AnonymouseUser
Is this what you are looking for?

Verrrry close to what I'm looking for. Same type of layout, except the background is white, and it has artist names in small clouds connecting each other.

I'm going to keep searching but thanks for the guesses!

ttown

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2003
I used to use one that was a lot like that music-map that is linked above -- which might be what you're thinking of.

It was slightly more "linear" and showed links to related bands, and bands in the same genre. The farther away you traversed, the less related you were getting.

I remember going to use it near the dot-com bust and the company went under.
But I always thought some other company would take it over since it was so cool and seemed very very comprehensive -- at least for everything I ever looked up.

post back if you find it -- i've missed it

this is kind-of close to what i remember http://www.audiomap.net/