I'm in the Hospital...

Xecuter

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2004
I recently traveled to Chile to visit some cousins living down in Santiago and it's great down there. I don't speak spanish, but the people down there are nice and very helpful. I was having a good time and enjoying my stay down there.

My last day, I went rock climbing at a nature preserve. It was my first time climbing and it was enjoyable. I made it up the wall and upon my descent there was, unfortunately, too much slack in the rope. I fell into a cactus. It hurt like hell for about 30 seconds, but after I came down and pulled out the spines (very small) from my leg, it was no problem.

This is what it looked like a day after the incident, all cleaned up.
Before

Well, when I flew back, it started swelling and hurting on the plane. I thought it had to do with the pressure in the plane, and I didn't think much of it.

I got back and limped around on it for a day or two while until one of my buddies told me that I needed to get it checked out by a doctor.

The doctor referred me to the hospital, and I've been here since last (Wednesday) night.

After
After

They say I'll probably be released tomorrow, but its a pretty nasty infection.

It's uncertain whether the infection is in the soft tissue, bone, joints, ligaments, etc. and that's why they're keeping me here with IV antibiotics. I'll be fine, they just have to pump my system full of drugs.

Thought I'd share my story with the whole bunch of free time that I have.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Damn man, sorry about that. Glad to hear it should be fine soon. How are the pain killers?

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Did your leg become hard where you have the infection?

My father in law is in the hospital right now due to an infection in his leg as well, his tissue became hard as wood though in the area of the infection and he's under the knife having surgery done on it as I type this :(

Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery.

Xecuter

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2004
Haha, to be honest it doesn't hurt at all. It's all inflammation and swelling. It hurts like a bitch to walk on but if I'm sitting or lying down it's no problem.

The area where it was inflamed was firm, but not as you describe it. Luckily we caught it early and we just need antibiotics. I'm sorry to hear about your father in law and I hope his surgery goes well.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
:camera:s of hot nurses?

Get well soon! :beer:

KT

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Yikes!! Sounds like you're in good hands - should be cleared up in no time. :)

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Take a perm marker and write "DO NOT REMOVE" over all your major organs. seriously :)

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Take a perm marker and write "DO NOT REMOVE" over all your major organs. seriously :)

Or at least on that leg. Maybe the other one too lol.

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: sirjonk

The hell with over, write it ON them. Cut your chest open and go to town.

Why is your skin the only organ you can get tattooed? What if you wanted a tattoo on your heart? You know, "MOM," right there on your heart. That's a good symbolic gesture. And if you ever had open heart surgery, the surgeons could open you up and go, "Whoa, this guy is a badass!" Or your liver: Insert booze -> . Or your appendix: I'm useless! Hell, you could sell ad space; get a tattoo on your brain that says Intel Inside.

I'm full of good ideas... if only someone would pay me for being so damn smart and sexy.

OP, good luck, hospitals are a ball. If you're trying to extend your stay, just lick the floor. Hey, time off work is time off work, you know what I mean?

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Atleast your lucky enough to be in a hosptital that has WiFi or some wort of internet access.

When my son was born, I spent 38 hours in our hospital with only my iPhone using EDGE. The EDGE would kill my battery in 2 hours.

I wanted to kill someone.