I'm in love with one of my roommates...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
just ask her to hang out with you ... take her to a movie or something...

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: DorkBoy
Originally posted by: dman
Well, you have 2 options:

1) Ask her out and
a) get denied
b) she agrees

2) Not ask her out

I guarantee you will regret #2 more than either outcome of option 1.

I did #2 once and regretted it my whole life, ask her out before it's too late:brokenheart:

I did both in my life and can't decipher in which one leaves more regret. No, not because I felt bad after I got rejected and could never date again. Just felt regret I couldn't get intimate with her like they way I wanted to.

You just have to ask yourself what you really want. Try to see thru all the smoke. Difficult, but pain passes.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Ya snooze ya loose!
You know it's sad but true...

Either that or she's trying to make you jealous... if you don't want to be a just a "friend"... go for it - what cha got to lose ?

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: nick1985

1) Ask her out and
a) get denied
b) she agrees

2) Not ask her out

You're missing a c) option: she points and laughs at you, and tells all your other roommates what a fool you are. You live in humiliation for the rest of your lease.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Moralpanic
Originally posted by: nick1985

1) Ask her out and
a) get denied
b) she agrees

2) Not ask her out

You're missing a c) option: she points and laughs at you, and tells all your other roommates what a fool you are. You live in humiliation for the rest of your lease.

No, this is college, not middle school.

kmac1914

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2002
I'll say this: You're worried about what happens if you ask her out and she rejects you. While this is an understandable concern, you yourself said that she's gonna be leaving for a while in February. Therefore, if things don't go in a positive way, you'll only have to deal with it for a couple months, and her not being around will definitely help you get over it if that turns out to be the case.

On the other hand, if you ask her and she says yes, well, you already know all the obvious benefits of that.

I've been in the 'friend zone' before because i didn't act, and even now i wonder what would have happened if i did...also, i see in hindsight that i didn't really have much to lose by asking. I wouldn't necessarily say that you have to do it now like a lot of people on this board, but you should at least let her know that you like spending time with her/being in her company...and that you'd like to treat her to a day out to just get away together.

Moemar

Aug 19, 2001
By all means make a move. BUT, if she's just coming out of a long-term relationship, now may not be the best time. Just remember, it's better to act to early than too late.

Oh, and when in doubt, whip it out. :D

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: SickBeast
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
:camera: or BAN!

I don't have any pics of her. I suppose I could snap one of here with my digicam when she gets all dressed up tomorrow night...nice...use this bad situation to my advantage. :)

You're running out of time, sir!

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com

1) Ask her out and
a) get denied
b) she agrees

2) Not ask her out

totally agree

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
So what's the lattest update, anyway? He hasn't posted in this thread anyway for a few days.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Kenazo
So what's the lattest update, anyway? He hasn't posted in this thread anyway for a few days.

OK here's the all-important update:

She went on her little date, but things didn't go very well. She said that it was too soon for her after her last relationship.

I'm really upset about the pics; I had my digicam set to "macro" mode by accident and the pics didn't turn out!! ARGH! You guys will just have to trust me on this one. I'll try to snap another one of her ASAP.

I haven't said anything to her yet, aside from telling her she's beautiful and some various other compliments. :)
I'm pretty sure that by now she has SOME idea that I'm interested in her. The fact that she hasn't given me any clear signs has me worried that she's either not ready yet or else she's just as worried about things getting complicated around here as I am.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Not surprising. She is really cute, but after 3 years she just got on my nerves too bad. Plus she's a cold fish in the sack!

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Am I the only one reminded of the movie, "With Honors" with Brendan Fraser and Moria Kelly?

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Quit dicking around on the boards and tell her you wanna rock her body.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Not surprising. She is really cute, but after 3 years she just got on my nerves too bad. Plus she's a cold fish in the sack!
LOL!!! :Q

:D

Ask her out.

Don't make it an official date. Just go do something fun together. Do that a few times, see what happens. Purposefully setup romantic situations, make any moves you decide to make then, see how it pans out.

Just let things flow. Thinking about things too much will screw you up. :p

The purpose here is to not make her feel threatened with the prospect of a new relationship, but.. to just go out and have fun, and see if a relationship develops. It won't be so "in your face", and perhaps she will embrace it.

That's just how I would go about it, off the top of my head, given the details I've read. You never know.

You may have only known her for 2 months, but thats a lot longer than any of us have, so you're much more qualified to tune yourself to her personality and "do the right thing" than we are.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
hahaha. i left for thanksgiving break and i saw this thread. im back, and this thread is still here.

y2kc

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2000
She went on her little date, but things didn't go very well. She said that it was too soon for her after her last relationship.

then by all means pull back... if you try to jump on her now after she told you it was too soon since her break-up, you'll look like an ass.

Sideswipe001

Golden Member
May 23, 2003
Dude, get on it. Don't try to press anything if she doesn't want something serious. Just offer to freaking buy her dinner or something! If you get along so well with her, then she shouldn't be offended at the idea of spending more time with you. Just don't make it out to be something big.

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
dude ask her out quick, you dont has to ask her out like a date, just ask her to go hang out with you as roommate, if she even rejects you as a roommate, then at least you know. If she says yes, you can then ask her out again next time, and go from there.

go luck,
rich