I'm in India now. sup ya'll =P

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
the strays get rocks thrown at them constantly - as a result they're usually very timid around humans.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I'm at 115.7/120mb. The question is do I risk the overage ($30/120mb), bump up my plan ($30 for another 280mb), or just turn off cell data for the next 48 hours....

@Rossman

I'm actually taking more video than pics at this point, just need to wait until I get home to upload them.

Yesterday we drove around necklace road. Checked out parts of the lake/various parks/saw the IMAX theater. Then we hit up the Park hotel to try to go to a "pub".

We got rejected. "No Stag".

SO we went upstairs and hung out by the pool area for a bit. Got some Indian beer (king fisher, pretty good). Had a nice chillax time by the lake.

Ballin Venue:
IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

Last edited:

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I'm at 115.7/120mb. The question is do I risk the overage ($30/120mb), bump up my plan ($30 for another 280mb), or just turn off cell data for the next 48 hours....

Unless you need it for something important (relatives/paying bills), turn it off, enjoy your last 48 hours. Eat more Indian food!

Good job on taking video but you're still taking a crapload of pics, right?

Just upload them when you return to civilization.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
There hasn't really been anything worth taking a pic of. iPhone camera = limited in night, limited in range.

At least the videos come out decently well at night.

I'm hoping tonight/tomorrow leads to more things.

I pretty much use the data for 1 thing only...iMessaging the wifey. gMaps also when I'm out alone.

At home I'm usually a 2 cup of coffee/day drinker...I've been running 7 cups/day. I've also been drinking watermelon juice and lychee juice freely and I don't have the shits yet.

Unfortunately, besides lunch I haven't really been hungry =X

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Why watermelon juice? Other than it's not tap water?

because it's free with the morning buffet and fucking delicious (I was warned not to have watermelon in the other thread)

I hope my 30% discount comes across on this add-on data, cuz I just bought another 280mb LOL

Now I can whore internet freely since I'll only be here for another day and a half.

BTW my internet usage stats are wack: 89mb sent, 25mb received. Anybody have any clue why so much data sent?

Last edited:

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
There hasn't really been anything worth taking a pic of. iPhone camera = limited in night, limited in range.

At least the videos come out decently well at night.

I'm hoping tonight/tomorrow leads to more things.

I pretty much use the data for 1 thing only...iMessaging the wifey. gMaps also when I'm out alone.

At home I'm usually a 2 cup of coffee/day drinker...I've been running 7 cups/day. I've also been drinking watermelon juice and lychee juice freely and I don't have the shits yet.

Unfortunately, besides lunch I haven't really been hungry =X

should download the city for offline use on gmaps next time you're on wifi, should conserve a chunk of data.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
What's the tipping practice around here? What would be a decent tip for our butler dude? He's been pretty awesome about delivering us beverages.

The disparity between rich/poor is so wide here it's hard to tell what a decent tip would be.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
What's the tipping practice around here? What would be a decent tip for our butler dude? He's been pretty awesome about delivering us beverages.

The disparity between rich/poor is so wide here it's hard to tell what a decent tip would be.

rs 100-500 would be ok i think. he probably earns 3-6k a month.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010

Butlers do get paid decently over there.. I wouldn't consider a person working in a good hotel to be poor, if you like his service I'd say about 15-20% of the bill.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
^^

This is the office butler...An office boy is what they refer to him as. Of course he looks 50.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Thanks for the pics NS1. Unlike FBB who's a photographer, he hasn't provided a single pic of any of his trips.

aaksheytalwar

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2012
A good tip is rs500. An acceptable tip is rs100-200. If you want to flaunt or impress then rs1000.

And as for meals, the avg tip is 10-20% or so though optional.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
good thread NS1. Please do the needful and post pics of hot local indian girls. shukriya.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
A good tip is rs500. An acceptable tip is rs100-200. If you want to flaunt or impress then rs1000.

And as for meals, the avg tip is 10-20% or so though optional.

Thanks. Exactly what I needed. I tipped out the driver rs500 and I'll probably give the butler the same

good thread NS1. Please do the needful and post pics of hot local indian girls. shukriya.

I can count the number of hot Indian girls I've seen on one hand. And I don't mean 9/10 hot, just 7.5/10 hot.

I'm used to being a minority, but as a Vietnamese guy in India I feel sooooo alone. The only other Vietnamese person I've seen is....my boss lol.

Saw a few uh yellow Asians at the pub/lounge last night though lol

radhak

Aug 10, 2011
Great thread, Ns1. Hyderabad is my favorite city in India, and you have shared your experience of it without being disrespectful.

The pictures are great, even those thru the car-window-glass.

Indian girls on the street do their best to be 'not hot'. A perceptibly 'hot' girl will get more trouble than she would wish for. Forget clothes to 'suit the weather', even anything as slightly out-of-place as jeans can be a hassle. So girls try their best to tone down. Guys there - and society at large - don't know what they are missing out on ;)!

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Jesus Christ chicken tikka Biryani is so fucking good.

Facebook is right above the office I'm working at lol

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Great thread, Ns1. Hyderabad is my favorite city in India, and you have shared your experience of it without being disrespectful.

The pictures are great, even those thru the car-window-glass.

Indian girls on the street do their best to be 'not hot'. A perceptibly 'hot' girl will get more trouble than she would wish for. Forget clothes to 'suit the weather', even anything as slightly out-of-place as jeans can be a hassle. So girls try their best to tone down. Guys there - and society at large - don't know what they are missing out on ;)!
What do you know that we don't?!