I'm having second thoughs... help!

bakaris

Oct 17, 2001
I ordered an aiw radeon8500dv. but now i'm having second thoughts.

all that i basically want (right now) is a nice video card for games, and something to digitize the videos i've made with my hi8 camcorder (analog). while the 8500dv will do this, i'm beginning to think that i should've got a radeon8500, a ti200 or a ti500 w/ some sort of card for my camcorder. also, i'm getting an audigy so i'd have the firewire, and i'm getting the logitech cordless freedom optical, so the remote might be a bit redundant as well. it's not too late to change my order, but it will be soon. my question is do you think i should switch, or leave it as it is?
thanks for any input.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
The 8500DV is a kick-ass card. It'll do all you want. Some people get a bit paranoid at the 230/190 default clocks, but don't be. The remote is great too :D

*kjm

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
bakaris

Dont worry about the cards speed. It will be fast enough for the games out now and for some time to come. If you are going to be doing the video stuff dont forget this card will take a big load off your CPU! You can do your video and still surf, write your paper... ect. at the same time. I was like you are now just last week and I started to think of the CPU being loaded down all the time so I orderd the 8500DV last Friday. I should get it this week and after reading the posts on www.rage3d.com I'm not even thinking about the clock speed of the card anymore. Yes it will be fast enough for you:)

bakaris

Oct 17, 2001
glad to hear.
i'm over my jitters now. i went over to rage 3d after i posted, and it calmed me down a bit. can't wait to try her out.

AkumaBao: I don't know how it does it, i just know it does.
here digital and analog video capture and editing.