i'm gonna say it now... Romney will win..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Who said anything about him being black? Are you obsessed with race that his race is the first thing that comes to mind when someone says something negative about him?

I believe Obama will win, I just pray for the health of the conservatives on the supreme court for another 4 years ;)

You mean the ones that turned on our party and proved that common sense is beginning to rule out on the right? Yeah, me too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/29/u...th-law-largely-stand.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

People like Justice Roberts are trying to save us all from the radical fundamentalists that have usurped the right in the name of the same "America" that they secretly hate.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
his immigration play .. .
repub obstructionism? is that like Reid refusing to hear any house bill started by a repub?

So Obama acts using his limited executive authority on an issue that both Republicans and Democrats have refused to act upon, despite the overwhelming consensus that there is a problem with immigration? You call it a play, but it was much more. It was leadership. You may not agree with it, but when everyone else refused action, he acted.

Yes. Republican Obstructionism. With capital letters. In the past, I would've agreed with you about the Senate refusing to hear bills from the House, but have you seen the garbage coming out of the House lately? The Crackpot Caucus rules the roost.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
So Obama acts using his limited executive authority on an issue that both Republicans and Democrats have refused to act upon, despite the overwhelming consensus that there is a problem with immigration? You call it a play, but it was much more. It was leadership. You may not agree with it, but when everyone else refused action, he acted.

Yes. Republican Obstructionism. With capital letters. In the past, I would've agreed with you about the Senate refusing to hear bills from the House, but have you seen the garbage coming out of the House lately? The Crackpot Caucus rules the roost.

don't get me wrong, i think the premise of what obama was trying to do was a good thing, i just don't agree with how he went about it . . . refusing to enforce laws? goes against the oath of office don't you think?

one place i do agree with you on your REPUBLICAN OBSTRUCTIONISM. With ALL CAPS. is their refusal to look at the tax code and simplify it because doing so would "raise taxes" on their well to do buddies. can you say that the quality of the bills being thrown around the senate are any better?

both sides are responsible, it's come down to everyone being a partisian hack and party line voting even though these issues aren't blue or red

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
don't get me wrong, i think the premise of what obama was trying to do was a good thing, i just don't agree with how he went about it . . . refusing to enforce laws? goes against the oath of office don't you think?

one place i do agree with you on your REPUBLICAN OBSTRUCTIONISM. With ALL CAPS. is their refusal to look at the tax code and simplify it because doing so would "raise taxes" on their well to do buddies. can you say that the quality of the bills being thrown around the senate are any better?

both sides are responsible, it's come down to everyone being a partisian hack and party line voting even though these issues aren't blue or red

Thank you voice of reason.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

Instead of ignoring laws on the book for immigration. He could of taken the troops who are coming home and put them on the boarder. Secure the boarder and it would of forced the republicans and democrats in congress to deal with the issue. Instead he did a end run around the law dividing both sides even further.

I don't really care who wins the presidency as long as congress continues to be divided so neither Romney or Obama can push through thier agendas.