i'm gonna say it now... Obama will win..

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
place your bets..
its because we will vote him in however.. the money is no object....

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Yay, we'll finally get to see what a second Carter term would have looked like.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
all of those on the "tolerant left" are afraid of a Mormon in the White House . . . the major news outlets are starting to air specials on mormonism . . . with a negative slant..

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
the country will loose but we are all in the same boat. It's called Titanic and your obama is the captain.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
all of those on the "tolerant left" are afraid of a Mormon in the White House . . . the major news outlets are starting to air specials on mormonism . . . with a negative slant..

Oh gee, I wonder why. Jesus is going to come back to Earth in Missouri, really? Do you know how fucking stupid that sounds? Wow, some dude wrote a new religious fantasy novel when he came to America and we're supposed to believe this bullshit is the new real religion? Get fucking real.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Probably a lot fewer treasonous illegal weapons sold to Iran.

A lot less tax deductions on the people who can afford to pay said taxes as well....

Taxes on top earners went from 70% to 28% within 6 years of Reagan's government, and he spent more than the average admin vs GDP. Yeah, Carter was the problem. lol

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Oh gee, I wonder why. Jesus is going to come back to Earth in Missouri, really? Do you know how fucking stupid that sounds? Wow, some dude wrote a new religious fantasy novel when he came to America and we're supposed to believe this bullshit is the new real religion? Get fucking real.

Its no wonder independents are reluctant to join the Democrats and continue to vote GOP despite it being against their interests. You really make them look bad with statements like that.

If you'd take off your anti-religious blinders, you'd see a huge potential pool of voters with ideals in line with yours. Have you ever heard of social justice? That convenient part of Christianity where Jesus commanded us to love and care for the sick, the poor, the lame, the downtrodden without reservation? The part that conservatives seem to ignore in droves while espousing the Jesus brand while performing the Ayn Rand bait n' switch when it comes to actual policies? Yeah, go ahead and alienate Christians. It has worked so well for the left in the past... :rolleyes:

No, the left doesn't care much about a Mormon being in the Oval Office. Huntsman would've made a decent pick by the GOP. Romney...seems to pander to the teaparty crowd and other crackpots, while supporting the interests of the investor class over wage earners. That is why the left is scared of him. It has nothing to do with his particular flavor of religious belief over, say, a Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, or Mormon.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Its no wonder independents are reluctant to join the Democrats and continue to vote GOP despite it being against their interests. You really make them look bad with statements like that.

If you'd take off your anti-religious blinders, you'd see a huge potential pool of voters with ideals in line with yours. Have you ever heard of social justice? That convenient part of Christianity where Jesus commanded us to love and care for the sick, the poor, the lame, the downtrodden without reservation? The part that conservatives seem to ignore in droves while espousing the Jesus brand while performing the Ayn Rand bait n' switch when it comes to actual policies? Yeah, go ahead and alienate Christians. It has worked so well for the left in the past... :rolleyes:

No, the left doesn't care much about a Mormon being in the Oval Office. Huntsman would've made a decent pick by the GOP. Romney...seems to pander to the teaparty crowd and other crackpots, while supporting the interests of the investor class over wage earners. That is why the left is scared of him. It has nothing to do with his particular flavor of religious belief over, say, a Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, or Mormon.

Social justice is a lie, too. People just take it and twist it into a weapon to enforce their belief system on everyone else. Just look at all the stupid laws we make year after year.

I'm actually not anti-religion, I just don't think a book edited by a bunch of bigoted totalitarian kings is the official word of God.

Mormonism is, in and of itself, the very thing that Jesus warned his followers about. They are the pharisees and false prophets he so often warned us about, and to not take that seriously shows a huge lacking in the Christians of this country who should be protecting us from this type of person but, instead, embrace him as one of their own.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Mormonism is, in and of itself, the very thing that Jesus warned his followers about.

And Jesus is the very thing that Hebrew prophets warned their followers about.

Christians making fun of Mormons (or vice versa) reminds me of kids arguing that Superman is totally believable but Wonder Woman is not (or vice versa).

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
place your bets..
its because we will vote him in however.. the money is no object....

Its because Romney has no message and no charisma.

A lot less tax deductions on the people who can afford to pay said taxes as well....

Taxes on top earners went from 70% to 28% within 6 years of Reagan's government, and he spent more than the average admin vs GDP. Yeah, Carter was the problem. lol

Quoting marginal tax rates shows you know nothing about the tax system.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
If you'd take off your anti-religious blinders, you'd see a huge potential pool of voters with ideals in line with yours. Have you ever heard of social justice? That convenient part of Christianity where Jesus commanded us to love and care for the sick, the poor, the lame, the downtrodden without reservation?

Tell me where in the bible Jesus said people should be able to cut off their own hands and then demand people feed them?

Because that is really what social justice is nowadays. The belief that "poor" people should be able to do whatever they want and demand others support them.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
And Jesus is the very thing that Hebrew prophets warned their followers about.

Christians making fun of Mormons (or vice versa) reminds me of kids arguing that Superman is totally believable but Wonder Woman is not (or vice versa).

I'm not making fun of anything. I am just pointing out how funny it is that someone came to America a couple hundred years ago and magically found another of God's textbooks. heh

Quoting marginal tax rates shows you know nothing about the tax system.

Hey nehalem, how was it you say hello again? Zeig heil?

Hey if a nazi like you says I don't know anything, you must be right. Right?

Last edited:

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
What is it with the counter titled threads?

Why not just make one that says

I'm gonna say it now "Now matter who wins... we lose"

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

Thank you for supporting his statement that the left are not tolerant. You are a poster child for showing the left is intolerant.

Feb 10, 2000

I have known many Mormons. For whatever reason they are disproportionately common among the Air Force officer ranks, so I worked on a daily basis with at least ten of them when I was an AF JAG, and have known others in college and law school. In my own informal observation, Mormons have been above-average people in terms of their overall intelligence, sense of humor and basic decency (with the exception of one Mormon child molester I prosecuted). In addition they don't appear judgmental or inclined to proselytize to non-adherents. I like Mormons.

I am also generally wary of adherents to older faiths like Christianity mocking Mormonism when, in my view, a lot of the mythology of Christianity is just as goofy, just older.

That being said, LDS really is an awfully strange religion in any number of respects, whether they be the faith's history, its core tenets, or its day-to-day practices. It's hard to be intellectually honest about the church without acknowledging that. It wouldn't stop me voting for a Mormon candidate, but I do find it hard to understand smart people who are willing to buy into such a weird belief system.

Last edited:

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Wow what a revelation... Obomney will win! You mean the banksters win. And their disgusting stunted sycophant moron worshippers will enjoy getting fisted for 4 more years.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

That is as real as the other fairy tales.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Wow what a revelation... Obomney will win! You mean the banksters win. And their disgusting stunted sycophant moron worshippers will enjoy getting fisted for 4 more years.

lol, your awful posts are quite entertaining. Please, post more.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Mathematically, I don't see it happening for Romney. I expect Obama will lose Florida, Indiana, North Carolina, and probably Virginia this time around... and still win the election.