I'm going to check out a used 30" LCD (3007wfp-hc)

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
I'm going this weekend to look at a used Dell 3007wfp-hc LCD which the owner claims he bought new 6 months ago.

I'm wondering what I should be looking for other than the obvious - no dead pixels or obvious cosmetic damage.

My main concern - is it really lightly used or was it bought in like 2007 and the backlight is already half dead.

Is it even possible that this monitor was purchased only 6 months ago? And if so, would it possibly be new or definitely refurb?

I would appreciate any feedback on what to look for, tests I should run, questions to ask or anything you think I should know before deciding to buy it or not. I'd be happy if it is only lightly used and in good working order but if it has got 3+ years on the backlight or something then I might be ripping myself off.

I don't suppose there is a way to check how much the monitor has been used or the life of the backlight?

Also the price is 775 cdn which I think is decent but not great. If it is lightly used then I'm happy with the price.

Last edited:

nitrous9200

Mar 1, 2007
If it has a standard Dell service tag you can punch it into the Dell Support site (there's a section for warranty status) and it should tell you when it was sold...