I'm GLAD the French aren't fighting with us...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Anybody watching this Hopkins/Hakkar fight on HBO?? Hakkar is a freaking cartoon!!! LOL! Keeps running around the ring like a little surrender monkey. ;)

oh well...

Toro 45

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Do a Google search on French Army victories & it comes up

"Did you mean French Army defeats?"

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Toro 45
Do a Google search on French Army victories & it comes up

"Did you mean French Army defeats?"
Actually it doesn't. ;)

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Nope, it doesn't. That's just another example that people on the net are stupid enough to believe anything they read. Rather than actually trying it, braindead simpletons pass along that old urban legend like it was gospel. It's actually pretty amazing that when you do search for "french army victories" or "french military victories" there's quite a long list of results. They've been fighting for pretty much all of their recorded history and have one major victory to show for it, but I guess that's enough to generate plenty of hits.

Toro 45

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
Nope, it doesn't. That's just another example that people on the net are stupid enough to believe anything they read. Rather than actually trying it, braindead simpletons pass along that old urban legend like it was gospel. It's actually pretty amazing that when you do search for "french army victories" or "french military victories" there's quite a long list of results. They've been fighting for pretty much all of their recorded history and have one major victory to show for it, but I guess that's enough to generate plenty of hits.

I was going to use a ;) but I thought it was obvious
rolleye.gif

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
When there were two apparent super powers (China was still emerging) we had allies who had a national interest concen that melded them with us on lots of issues that today they assert their independence on... With one superpower and two or three lessor superpowers bouncing about many nations see little need to align themselves with the bodyguard. We won't attack folks just cuz they are against us on some issues. They don't need our economy all that much now that the EEO is so strong. Unless it is in their interest, overwhelmingly, they will be the stick in the mud on most issues.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Morph
Yeah, I bet that Frenchman would kick your a$$ though.

Doubt it. His own promoter threw in the towel after the 8th round. The Frenchie landed about 20 punches...well...technically they were punches.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur

Doubt it. His own promoter threw in the towel after the 8th round. The Frenchie landed about 20 punches...well...technically they were punches.
Unless you are a trained and conditioned Boxer I seriously doubt you would last one round (that goes for me and everybody else). I use to work with a Heavy Bag and I could knock a person down who was holding it for me. But when I thought I was tough enough to spar in the ring with an Amatuer boxer about 3 wieght classes below mine by the end of the first round I had to call it a day as I was so tired I was breathing through my ass.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: conjur

Unless you are a trained and conditioned Boxer I seriously doubt you would last one round (that goes for me and everybody else). I use to work with a Heavy Bag and I could knock a person down who was holding it for me. But when I thought I was tough enough to spar in the ring with an Amatuer boxer about 3 wieght classes below mine by the end of the first round I had to call it a day as I was so tired I was breathing through my ass.

Now that you admit breathing thru you ass, maybe someday you will admit you can talk out of your ass.:D