News I'm getting new hearing aids.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Well I went to an Audiologist this afternoon, gotten my hearing test and ear molds made, and she told me I will be getting new hearing aids in three weeks, and medicaid will pay for them. Man this is shortist turn around time for getting these things and usally takes a few months. My current ones are six years old. She also informed me that Medicaid will pay for new molds every ear, and new aids every three years.

This is great, as I will be able to hear much better now. Another bright side is that my hearing isn't getting any worse. :D

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I have to go in for a recheck pretty soon, my hearing is getting worse. The bummer is I have to pay for mine out of pocket.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Fuck that shit...if I had hearing aids, I'd lose my excuse for ignoring my wife when she bitches at me...
Sis in law saw about an elderly couple before their demise. He got aids a few years before he died. They just about got a divorce after because he could hear what she had been saying for the last 20 years.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Sis in law saw about an elderly couple before their demise. He got aids a few years before he died. They just about got a divorce after because he could hear what she had been saying for the last 20 years.
Good Grief, I read a joke that Mark Twain use to say the best marriage is a deaf man with a blind wife. The husband doesn't have to listen to the wife nagging at him, and the wife doesn't have to look at him.

Reactions: highland145

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I need some hearing aids...I've got 40% loss in both ears (stupid Marshall stacks :angry:). What brand did you get?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Fuck that shit...if I had hearing aids, I'd lose my excuse for ignoring my wife when she bitches at me...

“Did you hear me?” - Heard this one as I was typing this reply. I have to acknowledge everything she says.
“What did I just say?”
“I’m talking to myself”
“Never mind”

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Most hear aids nowadays don`t need a mold to be fitted to your ear!
I am deaf in one ear and 80% deaf in my goods ear!!
I just had my hearing aids replaced and all I did was go to the local hearing aid shop and they had several different sized pliable plastic pieces that fit over the hearing aid that can be changed out depending on the size of the inner ear!
I just love my hearing aids!!
Good Luck!!

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I need some hearing aids...I've got 40% loss in both ears (stupid Marshall stacks :angry:). What brand did you get?
Don't know yet. The Audiologist picks the best model for my hearing loss. I'll will in three weeks.