I'm digging this free website designs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Winchester
It works fine for me. You have to click "HTML and Images" from the drop down box.

It produces an html file, but all there is an image. I guess I'd have to specify where the buttons should be and the editable regions. I wonder if I can export the picture into Dreamweaver as a layer, then convert it to tables

pssss, in photoshop - use the slice tools to draw out how you want it tabled
THEN do save for web

A guy I used to subcontract website design for sent me a CD full of these "wonderfull" website templates.
I haven't looked yet, but i'll host em if they're the same (or if they're decent)

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: jntdesign
A guy I used to subcontract website design for sent me a CD full of these "wonderfull" website templates.
I haven't looked yet, but i'll host em if they're the same (or if they're decent)

Let us know

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
This reminds me of a story a client (when I was a web developer) that brought several CD's in of 'websites' his kid made in less than 30 mins. He was p!ssed we had already charged him 30 hours (online store with flash and nonsense)....it took about a hour to prove to him that these were not 'websites' just images of what the completed website could look like.

This templates are still good for ideas though....you get a ton of schemes to look at instead of having to use a bunch of links to different sites. When I first heard about them I thought they would be a complete ready to simply edit the text package... however, just being a large bitmap is still a big help for a theme.

lilFajita

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2002
wow guys, thanks for all the links. I just bought a domain and have yet to get anywhere with it... :)

AaronB

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2002
Link to ~ 30 templates.

These are some I got from Ebay. Many of them are available at sites like the ones listed in this thread but supposedly I am free to resell or give these away according to the seller from Ebay.

I am normally wary of such things but the person I bought them from is still in business after ~6 months so I will assume it is legit and that they aren't stolen from a pay site.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Still not clear on how to go from PSD to HTML -> anyone have a tutorial?

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: PushHands
LOL.. wish I could.

I have absolutely no html, etc. website skills :)

i didnt either. but its fun to learn, no?
especially HTML. its soo eaasy

Winchester

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
With the templates provided, all you do it slice out the "logo" area and replace the jpg within the html folder. ( i opened the jpg from the html folder to get the right size, then took the psd and sliced out the same dimensions and exported it for web, then just took that slice and renamed it and put it in the HTML folder). You will have to do the same for other parts that you want to edit.

Then open up the index.html and edit the text etc within that and it has all the tables and stuff already there.

This is what I setup in about 10 minutes following my steps. All I changed was the logo, and the hosting plans.

Linky

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Winchester
With the templates provided, all you do it slice out the "logo" area and replace the jpg within the html folder. ( i opened the jpg from the html folder to get the right size, then took the psd and sliced out the same dimensions and exported it for web, then just took that slice and renamed it and put it in the HTML folder). You will have to do the same for other parts that you want to edit.

Then open up the index.html and edit the text etc within that and it has all the tables and stuff already there.

This is what I setup in about 10 minutes following my steps. All I changed was the logo, and the hosting plans.

Linky

Look at template 23, the one with the cell phone. How am I supposed to cut something like that out?