I'm digging this free website designs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
hmmm...this looks interesting.

Gonna wait for the someone to host one of these website designs before I buy the package though.

trek

Dec 13, 2000
Originally posted by: lilcam
so let me get this straight. this is in psd
meaning these are sliced into various PSD files? A huge graphic file, just pieced together like a puzzle?
no html coding involved?
the html code is generated by photoshop.

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
The guys who bought it, want to comment on the purchase? Is it worth it? I'm thinking about buying.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: trek
meaning these are sliced into various PSD files? A huge graphic file, just pieced together like a puzzle?
no html coding involved?
Huh ? You can ? Imageready maybe ? Where's that option ?

MrHappyMonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: lilcam so let me get this straight. this is in psd meaning these are sliced into various PSD files? A huge graphic file, just pieced together like a puzzle? no html coding involved?
Huh ? You can ? Imageready maybe ? Where's that option ?

You can use Image Ready to create slices in the PSD file. You can than export that as seperate images along with an HTML document. You still must edit the code in order to add your own content to it though.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
These are some nice looking templates. I'm afraid I'm much better at improving upon something than starting from scratch and these help me out a whole lot!

Winchester

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Those do look nice, but I cant seem to find the one that they advertise at the top. Which # is it?

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Rogue
These are some nice looking templates. I'm afraid I'm much better at improving upon something than starting from scratch and these help me out a whole lot!

Same me with, I just don't seem to have the artistic ability.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PushHands
LOL.. wish I could.

I have absolutely no html, etc. website skills :)

Actually, most of the templates that are offered are in .PSD format. One really needs more skills in Photoshop and Image Ready to use them to set their site up - as opposed to knowing HTML. Image Ready allows you to "slice" the image up so you can create the buttons for your site. Once you are going through the process of "slicing" - you are offered the option of adding an HTML link to the button. It's not a hard process at all - but, with a little effort, should turn out quite nice.

AaronB

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2002
Here are some examples at random, exactly as they come.

I didn't get these from the sites referenced here but many appear to be identical.

In my opinion, they are ok. I got a subscription to boxed art so that I could play around with the flash templates but I never used any of them. (html or flash). It was good to get an idea of where these templates stood as far as quality though.

Anyway, if you use a templete like these you really need to optimize the images and clean the code because some of these are pretty hefty due to poor optimization and coding and would choke a dial-up user.

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
what would be cool is if there were vector based templates.. instead of bitmapped. sure you won't get pictures, but if they had really good illustrations, and it would be fast loading, yet colorful.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
no html coding involved?

Here's the link to one of the templates: 2.13MB

How do I convert the psd file to html using Photoshop?