I'm craving liver and onions

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Brings back memories of mom's liver and onions. It was really good.
I'm very wary of ordering something like this from a restaurant, and would actually be surprised to see it on a menu, and I know my wife will never even consider fixing it, even though she is a good cook.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
canned corned beef mixed with diced potatoes and fried up good is a great breakfast with toast and OJ.

I think there are two kinds of canned corned beef. One is a loose "hash" that is used like that. The other is more like Spam, and could be sliced down. I tried the latter a couple times as a kid, and could only remember the overwhelming greasiness of it. I'm guessing my Dad got a taste for it circa WWII, when meat was being rationed.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Chicken livers floured before cooking along with some caramelized onions is a rocking good time. Got that from my old school immigrant parents. It's been awhile, so I'm putting them on my current shopping list

My Italian grandmother made a yellow risotto with finely diced chicken livers and flavored with saffron. Insane.