I'm back from New York. Wow, this city is great!!!

Mavrick

Mar 11, 2001
I was on a trip to NYC this weekend (my first stay there in a long time), and I can't say anything else than: what a great city!!!

Those of you who live there are quite lucky (although it's a little on the expensive side of things...).

I must say, at first I was a little scared (many people have some stories about the violence in New York), but after a day, it felt really secure. Seems like everybody is quite nice there, even in the subway!!

Well, that were my thoughts. I just had to share it with you!!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
apperently you were in teh GOOD parts of NYC

it definitly has its bad parts and they are really bad

but for teh most part its cool glad to hear you had a good time

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Yes Ebony Experience, I've heard of it. Next to the Stonewall monument is GAY Street. I visit the village a lot.

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
apperently you were in teh GOOD parts of NYC

it definitly has its bad parts and they are really bad

but for teh most part its cool glad to hear you had a good time

For the love of god, why can't you just say "the".

Spac3d

Mavrick

Mar 11, 2001
Well, I was just next to the Empire State Building (on Broadway), so I guess it's a good part. I know there are some not so clean borough in New York, but still, from what we hear from most people, the minute you step out of the train, you're in great danger of being robbed or killed.

Well, from my experience, New York is no worse than any other city, be it American, Canadian or European

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
meh I hear stories about NYC being bad, but I grew up in Reading, PA....highest per capita murder rate in the nation....so meh.

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
Well, if you're in midtown Manhattan especially during the day... it's pretty safe for the most part. You're more in danger of being pickpocketed than anything else.

After experiencing NY, most other US "cities" don't seem quite so urban anymore... nothing is quite the same as the dirty, stinky, busy, crowded, and still only Big Apple. BTW, Toronto just felt a whole damn lot safer (women walk around by themselves at night??) and it was hella cleaner. But the sidewalks were so narrow!