I'm back from 2004 crunching wu on i5 laptop for WCG

StitchExperimen

Feb 14, 2012
I use to have a small wu farm booting Linux from a floppy into memory and crunching. We had group servers to get constant supplies of wu in case the host was down. I can't remember if I had a server at the end for myself or not. I got divorced and that stopped the fun.
Now I'm crunching on a laptop with an i5 2.5. WU will be a bit intermittant if I go back to school in the fall and travel a portion of a few days of the month.

StitchExperiment626 AKA Bruce

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Welcome back, Bruce .... ahum ...StitchExperimen!
Good to see you here! WCG needs all cores ity can get because we - the TeAm aAnandTech - want to be among the top-100 ASAP! :)

Last edited:

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
welcome back...and nice to meet you as well :).

i too just came back from quite the hiatus - i crunched for TA from 1999-2001, then stopped for several years, and just started up again about a year ago now. i don't ever recall frequenting (or visiting for that matter) the AT DC forums over a decade ago, so i don't necessarily know who's an OG these days and who's not...even though i crunched alongside OG's for a few years.

StitchExperimen

Feb 14, 2012
What I'm working on right now in my spare time is prepping to take the Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 test in the end of May.

What I use to enjoy in the forums was the buy and sell section and lists of hot deals.