I'm Angry

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
And I feel it will only get worse with PAII.
Can someone point me to a link which will brighten my spirits...Natl Review...heritage foundation..A freedman article anything but I'm not optimistic.

Link

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
He's Canadian, what else does he have to do but redirect anger at the country to which he owes most of his laughable existence but is too dumb to know it?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: tcsenter
He's Canadian, what else does he have to do but redirect anger at the country to which he owes most of his laughable existence but is too dumb to know it?
How do you know this?

In all seriousness it's gotta bother you some of the tactics described. If they are untrue which i hope is the case please point me to the light. What's next our guns?

We have been holding padilla for over 400 days no chrges, no lawyer, no phone call. Whats to stop this from happening to anyone of us? Ar'nt the feds still holding many americans in addition to padilla?

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
We have been holding padilla for over 400 days no chrges, no lawyer, no phone call. Whats to stop this from happening to anyone of us?
I was kinda pinning my hopes on the fact that I have no immigration violations, have no outstanding warrants, am a citizen, don't phone or transfer money to the Middle East, am not Muslim, don't own any 7-Elevens, don't make inquiries at pilot schools wanting to learn how to fly but not to land, don't hang-out with anyone who fits the above and thus am extremely unlikely to have my name mentioned by any one currently in custody or under investigation. :D

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
I was kinda pinning my hopes on the fact that I have no immigration violations, have no outstanding warrants, am a citizen, don't phone or transfer money to the Middle East, am not Muslim, don't own any 7-Elevens, don't make inquiries at pilot schools wanting to learn how to fly but not to land, don't hang-out with anyone who fits the above and thus am extremely unlikely to have my name mentioned by any one currently in custody or under investigation.

Just wait few more years....
They will find something on you too...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: adlep
I was kinda pinning my hopes on the fact that I have no immigration violations, have no outstanding warrants, am a citizen, don't phone or transfer money to the Middle East, am not Muslim, don't own any 7-Elevens, don't make inquiries at pilot schools wanting to learn how to fly but not to land, don't hang-out with anyone who fits the above and thus am extremely unlikely to have my name mentioned by any one currently in custody or under investigation.

Just wait few more years....
They will find something on you too...

I think they will come after you first Moonie :D

I'm angry I started reading that post. I'm angry I don't post articles on the internet with my opinions for other people to link to. I'm angry I don't make more money. I'm angry I lost money betting on the Super Bowl last year. I'm angry that so many people are angry. Blah blah blah....blah blah blah.

someone need to remove the wedgie from him as it is making him too angry

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
welcome to the Zebo's personal I'm angry forum, sorry if I post some news or politics items here....

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Just wait few more years....They will find something on you too...
If my name hasn't appeared from time to time on some government rabble-rouser monitor list, I'm not doing something right.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
welcome to the Zebo's personal I'm angry forum, sorry if I post some news or politics items here....

At least it is not another LaRouche thread by his lovechild, KAMAZON.

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
Jesus you people are paranoid. Typical liberals. It's liberals that think that if D&X abortions (Partial-Birth to some) are banned, suddenly ALL abortions will be banned. I don't mean to generalize, I just think that a person who is liberal by the nature of the way they see the world frequently buys in to the "slippery slope" argument.

Not only that, but liberals do frequently have that "bleeding heart" mentality as well. Do you ever watch police shows or hear about real cases where someone was able to find a loophole and get around being arrested? Do you ever hear about rapists and murderers that are released and they rape or kill again? The place where you and I differ is, I think that if we change the laws and 5 or 10 murderers stay in jail and one innocent person is wrongfully kept there, then we've served the greater good. Better that one innocent stays in jail than 5 or 10 murderers murder 5 or 10 innocent people. Greater good. It's a simple principle.

I believe (and I haven't read anything but paranoid speculation that would make me believe otherwise) that these laws will do just that. I hear people talking about how bad roaming wiretaps are all the time. What do they do? All it does is give the police the ability to tap you instead of a specific phone so that they can tap every phone you have as soon as you get them. Previously, you could just sign up for a new phone and the police would have to get a new tap approval to tap that phone. Why is it that we trust our doctors to make decisions so we complain about HMOs trying to make decisions for them, but we don't afford the same confidence in our police force? Because of a few bad apples? Because bad police get more news coverage?

Stop worrying. Your life is no different post-Patriot Act than it was pre-Patriot Act, and it won't ever be. Take some antacids and stop freaking out. You'll kill yourself from stress before you get imprisoned by the Patriot Act.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
The agenda of those trying repeal abortion laws is well publicized, they admit that is the first step. Glad to see you use the actual term though, since "partial-birth" was only created to sway opinion on a routine medical procedure.

There is nothing worng with being vigilant in protecting your rights, liberal or conservative.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

Just wait few more years....They will find something on you too...
If my name hasn't appeared from time to time on some government rabble-rouser monitor list, I'm not doing something right.

Keeps 'em on their toes. :D ;)

Originally posted by: ilmater

Stop worrying. Your life is no different post-Patriot Act than it was pre-Patriot Act, and it won't ever be. Take some antacids and stop freaking out. You'll kill yourself from stress before you get imprisoned by the Patriot Act.

OMFG!!!!!!!! Ashcroft is coming to get me!!!!!! ;)

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Have you ever spent a night at a Ramada Inn, or do you know anyone who is alledged to have
spent a night at a Ramada Inn ? Have you ever driven toward, and then passed said premisis ?

"Guilty !" take him away boys, and bring in the next defendant.

All rise in the presence of the Hororable Judge John 'Kangaroo' Ashcroft.

Moonie - do you still like sheep.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I'm angry they still have Padilla locked up, how is he going to make and detonate a dirty bomb if we keep him locked up???? After he does it sure, then we will have a good reason to hold him.......

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
<Master Po> Only two paths find way to trouble, Grasshoppa. Do wrong or not do right. </Master Po>

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
We have been holding padilla for over 400 days no chrges, no lawyer, no phone call. Whats to stop this from happening to anyone of us?
I was kinda pinning my hopes on the fact that I have no immigration violations, have no outstanding warrants, am a citizen, don't phone or transfer money to the Middle East, am not Muslim, don't own any 7-Elevens, don't make inquiries at pilot schools wanting to learn how to fly but not to land, don't hang-out with anyone who fits the above and thus am extremely unlikely to have my name mentioned by any one currently in custody or under investigation. :D

LOL

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Ilmater
Jesus you people are paranoid. Typical liberals. It's liberals that think that if D&X abortions (Partial-Birth to some) are banned, suddenly ALL abortions will be banned. I don't mean to generalize, I just think that a person who is liberal by the nature of the way they see the world frequently buys in to the "slippery slope" argument.

Not only that, but liberals do frequently have that "bleeding heart" mentality as well. Do you ever watch police shows or hear about real cases where someone was able to find a loophole and get around being arrested? Do you ever hear about rapists and murderers that are released and they rape or kill again? The place where you and I differ is, I think that if we change the laws and 5 or 10 murderers stay in jail and one innocent person is wrongfully kept there, then we've served the greater good. Better that one innocent stays in jail than 5 or 10 murderers murder 5 or 10 innocent people. Greater good. It's a simple principle.

I believe (and I haven't read anything but paranoid speculation that would make me believe otherwise) that these laws will do just that. I hear people talking about how bad roaming wiretaps are all the time. What do they do? All it does is give the police the ability to tap you instead of a specific phone so that they can tap every phone you have as soon as you get them. Previously, you could just sign up for a new phone and the police would have to get a new tap approval to tap that phone. Why is it that we trust our doctors to make decisions so we complain about HMOs trying to make decisions for them, but we don't afford the same confidence in our police force? Because of a few bad apples? Because bad police get more news coverage?

Look theres a thing called the consititution and I think the language is very clear. This document is to insure individual liberty and an effective government ... There has always been a constant fight from both the left and right to take elements they don't like from this document to increase the power of governemnt and decrease the power o the individual (Taken to extrememes its called fascism or communism depending on your POV). . All I'm saying is all of us should try and stop this powergrab because eventually something you do value will be taken.

Thanks though for the advice...I'mnot allowed to talk politics at home for this reason...I start freaking out people arnt concerned about thier rights anymore.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I'm angry they still have Padilla locked up, how is he going to make and detonate a dirty bomb if we keep him locked up???? After he does it sure, then we will have a good reason to hold him.......

How do you know this?

May I remind you of the consititution:

4th.The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

PA violates this, you don't need a judge anymore.

5th- nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation..

Well we all know emminet domain laws and assest forfieture pretty much invalidated this but still due process he is being denied.

8th- Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

What bail? I call 444 days without a lawyer probably in solitary withour any conviction cruel.

6th- In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Well 444 days is a long time. Not speedy. According to the PA even if they try him, it's by the 3 appointed judge panel, without right to appeal, all held in secret.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Zebo

How do you know this?

Duh, the anchors at CNN expressed opinionated views wich led me to believe Padilla was going to create dirty bombs, so I believe them. Plus we have concrete evidence in the form of statements by prisoners we beat and torture in Guantanamo Bay!
rolleye.gif

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Zebo quote in part

Thanks though for the advice...I'mnot allowed to talk politics at home for this reason...I start freaking out people arnt concerned about thier rights anymore.

For the citizen of the US, the Constitution is relyied upon to secure certain rights for the people and the states. When our Monarchy seeks to deny these rights to the citizen it interprets these rights in the manner that provides for the agenda it wishes to persue. It secures this interpretation by bringing into the place of final pleading like minded demi-gods. It surrounds and insulates itself with philosophies that entice its subjects to remain loyal while providing the crumbs its loyal subjects cherish. This is not sufficient, however, to maintain loyalty. So the Monarchy points to something to hate. A strong emotion! In office today is King Bush and hate is encouraged and channeled in any direction as long as it encourages its Imperialistic or Nationalistic objectives. All the while there exists another claimant to the crown. Promising to do the same for its loyal subjects. Neither of these Royal and Noble tribes will benefit all the subjects all of the time nor do they try. A 'war of the roses' it seems.
What is needed is a 'Richmond' to come along. Not with a 'Battle at Bosworth' but with specific language make the Constitution a document not subject to the whim of the Noble. Immune to politics. Immune to the right and the left... Amend into the Constitution words that mean what is written and words that cannot be interpreted to have any other meaning. A longer document true... but, one that lives as we live and is changeable but, not by a simple majority.

I'm mad too and that's my opinion.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: HJD1
Zebo quote in part

For the citizen of the US, the Constitution is relyied upon to secure certain rights for the people and the states. When our Monarchy seeks to deny these rights to the citizen it interprets these rights in the manner that provides for the agenda it wishes to persue. It secures this interpretation by bringing into the place of final pleading like minded demi-gods. It surrounds and insulates itself with philosophies that entice its subjects to remain loyal while providing the crumbs its loyal subjects cherish. This is not sufficient, however, to maintain loyalty. So the Monarchy points to something to hate. A strong emotion! In office today is King Bush and hate is encouraged and channeled in any direction as long as it encourages its Imperialistic or Nationalistic objectives. All the while there exists another claimant to the crown. Promising to do the same for its loyal subjects. Neither of these Royal and Noble tribes will benefit all the subjects all of the time nor do they try. A 'war of the roses' it seems.
What is needed is a 'Richmond' to come along. Not with a 'Battle at Bosworth' but with specific language make the Constitution a document not subject to the whim of the Noble. Immune to politics. Immune to the right and the left... Amend into the Constitution words that mean what is written and words that cannot be interpreted to have any other meaning. A longer document true... but, one that lives as we live and is changeable but, not by a simple majority.

I'm mad too and that's my opinion.

So true. Thanks for the perpective. I think it's all due to mass ignorance. People by in large don't demand thier representatives uphold the spirit of the document and are mainly interested in self and image.