"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions."

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
So is Obama responsible for any quote made at any time by any person from any group that Obama is a member of as well? If not, then why should Palin be?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Don't see the quote...

So why does she keep sending lobbyists to Washington to make Alaska the biggest leach in the union? Trying to just take us for all we're worth? Time to cut them off looks like.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: QED
So is Obama responsible for any quote made at any time by any person from any group that Obama is a member of as well? If not, then why should Palin be?

Last I checked, many people still think he is. So if he got dragged through the mud, why not Palin?

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: Napalm
Originally posted by: TechAZ
non story.

NEXT

Thats what your ilk said yesterday regarding the Palin family baby farm.

:laugh:

I mean long term non issue. The MSM picks up everything that's non story related, doesn't mean it's a real story :D

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic

Last I checked, many people still think he is. So if he got dragged through the mud, why not Palin?

because we're better than them?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481

because we're better than them?

First, I'm neither 'we' nor 'them.'

Second, how well has that worked for you?

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005

So you admit then, this attack is baseless, and you are just as much of an idiotic moron as the people who drag Obama "through the mud" baselessly? At least you are honest.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

So you admit then, this attack is baseless, and you are just as much of an idiotic moron as the people who drag Obama "through the mud" baselessly? At least you are honest.

Are you agreeing then that the Wright, Ayers, and Rezko attacks were all baseless?

What I did here was ask you a question. Read it again if you didn't get it.

But thanks, yes, I do believe that honesty in any contest means holding both sides to the same rules.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004

Are you agreeing then that the Wright, Ayers, and Rezko attacks were all baseless?
Yes. Agreed.

And this fucktard Napalm who has an everlasting hard-on over Palin's family and babies is, in a nutshell, why politics is the way it is today: Garbage. We get exactly what we deserve.

Please try to express disagreements with opinions expressed by others without calling them "fucktards".

Rainsford
AnandTech P&N Moderator

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
non story.

NEXT

How? Palin was registered to a party whose sole purpose was to get a vote for Alaska to secede from the US. Basically, she didn't want to be an American citizen and now she wants to be the VP. This would sink Obama if he belonged to an equivalent party in Hawaii.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: rockyct
non story.

NEXT

How? Palin was registered to a party whose sole purpose was to get a vote for Alaska to secede from the US. Basically, she didn't want to be an American citizen and now she wants to be the VP. This would sink Obama if he belonged to an equivalent party in Hawaii.

It was before she was mayor for a short period of time AND the state of Alaska's economy is Oil. Tell me what the US is doing for them when they are sitting on a gold mine and they can't touch it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: cwjerome

Yes. Agreed.

And this fucktard Napalm who has an everlasting hard-on over Palin's family and babies is, in a nutshell, why politics is the way it is today: Garbage. We get exactly what we deserve.

Okay, I won't argue except to say that it seems like he has a lot of company on the Republican side as well. These forums have been knee-deep in that kind of sh!t from their side since January. I miss the days when people here thought I was a right-winger because of my free market views, I've been fighting these social authoritarian extremists for months. And yeah, it is garbage. But I would disagree that it is anything new. It's just that we only see it every 4 years. The rest of the time we get to discuss policy and what direction really is best for America at this time.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Yes. Agreed.

Ohhh...so you agree NOW? Anyways, none of this matters because McCain was a POW.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
guilt by association, huh?

I don't think the quote itself is the issue - this is a secessionist party that seeks to establish Alaska as an independent nation. Which kind of is an issue when you're seeking to become Vice President.

In other news, I read today that Sarah Palin never held a passport before she became governor of Alaska, meaning she had never left the United States until age 42, two years ago. And this is the person the Republican party thinks should be a heartbeat from the Presidency? I just don't get it, at all.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: rockyct
non story.

NEXT

It was before she was mayor for a short period of time AND the state of Alaska's economy is Oil. Tell me what the US is doing for them when they are sitting on a gold mine and they can't touch it.

It could be worse for them, yaknow. They could be Russians. Without the US, they would be.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Vic just pointed out that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... or maybe that he who is without sin should cast the first stone...

That seems to have been forgotten in the rush to pelt Obama with the rocks of what other people said or did...

Palin's video clip was instructive, however- it's "States Rights", Alaskan style. Now she and the rest of the Alaskan establishment can go to Washington for more Federal money, to keep this "independence" movement form getting out of hand, to quell the grumbling... nice ploy for the state who already enjoys the greatest influx of federal money of any state, bar none...

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Dari

Yes. Agreed.

Ohhh...so you agree NOW? Anyways, none of this matters because McCain was a POW.

What do you mean "NOW?" When was the last time I've ever commented on Wright, Ayers, or Rezko?

Short answer: Never.

When I post I usually try to comment on ideas... and I can care less if McCain, Obama, or anyone else was the commander of the underwater basket weaving and BB stacking squadron.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Yes. Agreed.

What do you mean "NOW?" When was the last time I've ever commented on Wright, Ayers, or Rezko?

When I post I usually try to comment on ideas... and I can care less if McCain, Obama, or anyone else was the commander of the underwater basket weaving and BB stacking squadron.

Maybe not you if you haven't said as much, but I find it ironic that some conservatives here want to focus on the issue when McCain's bad judgement is bringing about all kinds of surprises for our enjoyment.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000

Yes. Agreed.

Maybe not you if you haven't said as much, but I find it ironic that some conservatives here want to focus on the issue when McCain's bad judgement is bringing about all kinds of surprises for our enjoyment.

In other words, guilt by association.