"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions."

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: FuzzyBee
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: cwjerome
Originally posted by: Vic

Are you agreeing then that the Wright, Ayers, and Rezko attacks were all baseless?
Yes. Agreed.

And this fucktard Napalm who has an everlasting hard-on over Palin's family and babies is, in a nutshell, why politics is the way it is today: Garbage. We get exactly what we deserve.
Ohhh...so you agree NOW? Anyways, none of this matters because McCain was a POW.
What do you mean "NOW?" When was the last time I've ever commented on Wright, Ayers, or Rezko?

Short answer: Never.

When I post I usually try to comment on ideas... and I can care less if McCain, Obama, or anyone else was the commander of the underwater basket weaving and BB stacking squadron.
Maybe not you if you haven't said as much, but I find it ironic that some conservatives here want to focus on the issue when McCain's bad judgement is bringing about all kinds of surprises for our enjoyment.
In other words, guilt by association.
She was a member of the AIP, which means she agreed with those goals.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007

Are you agreeing then that the Wright, Ayers, and Rezko attacks were all baseless?
Yes. Agreed.

And this fucktard Napalm who has an everlasting hard-on over Palin's family and babies is, in a nutshell, why politics is the way it is today: Garbage. We get exactly what we deserve.
Ohhh...so you agree NOW? Anyways, none of this matters because McCain was a POW.
What do you mean "NOW?" When was the last time I've ever commented on Wright, Ayers, or Rezko?

When I post I usually try to comment on ideas... and I can care less if McCain, Obama, or anyone else was the commander of the underwater basket weaving and BB stacking squadron.
Maybe not you if you haven't said as much, but I find it ironic that some conservatives here want to focus on the issue when McCain's bad judgement is bringing about all kinds of surprises for our enjoyment.
BO was a member of Wrights church for 20 years. Which means he believes in the churches sermons and pastor right? Is this where you want to take this?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: TechAZ

Yes. Agreed.

BO was a member of Wrights church for 20 years. Which means he believes in the churches sermons and pastor right? Is this where you want to take this?
I believe you already took it there, which is sort of the point here. People like you have been bleating non-stop about Obama's guilt by association, so clearly either that standard is universally applied or you are a bunch of hypocrites. For my part, the same thing I've said in the Obama threads applies here...guilt by association is a political trick of people too stupid to come up with a real argument. Regardless, since you and a lot of your fellow conservatives apparently belong to this group, I think it's very appropriate to bring up this question in regards to Palin. Not so much because of how it reflects on her as how it reflects on you.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

Yes. Agreed.

So then Obama is a racist b/c of his association with Wright?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Oh my God, Palin got too close to an idea, next damn time we check, she will be burning the GOP manifesto, embracing the book of Mormon, and the communist manifesto. Oh the horrors, that she might think for herself, information overload, abort abort reprogram Palin.

There is no place in politics for a strong independent woman, I just knew us dimocrats would come along to the GOP party line, and agree that there is nothing to like about Sarah Palin.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: Rainsford

I believe you already took it there, which is sort of the point here. People like you have been bleating non-stop about Obama's guilt by association, so clearly either that standard is universally applied or you are a bunch of hypocrites. For my part, the same thing I've said in the Obama threads applies here...guilt by association is a political trick of people too stupid to come up with a real argument. Regardless, since you and a lot of your fellow conservatives apparently belong to this ground, I think it's very appropriate to bring up this question in regards to Palin. Not so much because of how it reflects on her as how it reflects on you.
I didn't bring it up here. Funny how you single out this post instead of the one that brought it up.

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007
i'd like to thank john mccain for picking this vp so barack obama has an easier time of winning the presidency this year.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I believe you already took it there, which is sort of the point here. People like you have been bleating non-stop about Obama's guilt by association, so clearly either that standard is universally applied or you are a bunch of hypocrites. For my part, the same thing I've said in the Obama threads applies here...guilt by association is a political trick of people too stupid to come up with a real argument. Regardless, since you and a lot of your fellow conservatives apparently belong to this group, I think it's very appropriate to bring up this question in regards to Palin. Not so much because of how it reflects on her as how it reflects on you.
:thumbsup:

You have summed up in a single paragraph exactly how I've felt all year.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: rockyct
non story.

NEXT
How? Palin was registered to a party whose sole purpose was to get a vote for Alaska to secede from the US. Basically, she didn't want to be an American citizen and now she wants to be the VP. This would sink Obama if he belonged to an equivalent party in Hawaii.
It was before she was mayor for a short period of time AND the state of Alaska's economy is Oil. Tell me what the US is doing for them when they are sitting on a gold mine and they can't touch it.
They AREN'T sitting on an gold mine we won't let them touch because ANWR isn't a gold mine of oil.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Vic just pointed out that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... or maybe that he who is without sin should cast the first stone...

That seems to have been forgotten in the rush to pelt Obama with the rocks of what other people said or did...

Palin's video clip was instructive, however- it's "States Rights", Alaskan style. Now she and the rest of the Alaskan establishment can go to Washington for more Federal money, to keep this "independence" movement form getting out of hand, to quell the grumbling... nice ploy for the state who already enjoys the greatest influx of federal money of any state, bar none...
Yup, Alaska has it goin' on. Unlicensed conceal and open carry of handguns, NEGATIVE state income taxes (you get a check from the state,) no sales taxes, AND tons of money from Uncle Sugar. I'd say she ran her state just fine. :)

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999

Yes. Agreed.

Please try to express disagreements with opinions expressed by others without calling them "fucktards".

Rainsford
AnandTech P&N Moderator
I've been called worse by better.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

I believe you already took it there, which is sort of the point here. People like you have been bleating non-stop about Obama's guilt by association, so clearly either that standard is universally applied or you are a bunch of hypocrites. For my part, the same thing I've said in the Obama threads applies here...guilt by association is a political trick of people too stupid to come up with a real argument. Regardless, since you and a lot of your fellow conservatives apparently belong to this ground, I think it's very appropriate to bring up this question in regards to Palin. Not so much because of how it reflects on her as how it reflects on you.
I didn't bring it up here. Funny how you single out this post instead of the one that brought it up.
I singled out your post because, as much as this topic bugs me, I find hypocritical fake "outrage" even more irritating. It's amazing how quickly Republicans discover they're moral scruples when their the subject of a ridiculous attack.

But just so there is no confusion, I DO think this charge against Palin is ridiculous, and should not be part of the campaign. I think there is plenty to object to about Palin that is actually relevant, there is no need for Democrats to stoop to the Rovian tactics that the Republicans have embraced.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Nebor
Vic just pointed out that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... or maybe that he who is without sin should cast the first stone...

That seems to have been forgotten in the rush to pelt Obama with the rocks of what other people said or did...

Palin's video clip was instructive, however- it's "States Rights", Alaskan style. Now she and the rest of the Alaskan establishment can go to Washington for more Federal money, to keep this "independence" movement form getting out of hand, to quell the grumbling... nice ploy for the state who already enjoys the greatest influx of federal money of any state, bar none...
Yup, Alaska has it goin' on. Unlicensed conceal and open carry of handguns, NEGATIVE state income taxes (you get a check from the state,) no sales taxes, AND tons of money from Uncle Sugar. I'd say she ran her state just fine. :)
Uh... it's been like this since long long before she became governor.

Ask yourself, why haven't you moved there? And there ya go.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

I think that just proves that Alaska is a pretty special case among the states, and that experience running the state does not even remotely apply to trying to run the other 49. I'm sure she did a great job running Alaska (although most of what you mentioned was there for years before she was governor), but Alaska might as well be another country in most respects...the fact that Republicans are saying she has applicable "executive experience" is pretty silly.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh- a great example of how those "social programs" and "pork" so much denounced on the rightwing work to keep their constituents fat, dumb, happy and loyal to the "Conservative" cause...

Nice of them and the rest of red state america to be sucking the rest of us dry while they rave against us...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Napalm

Yes. Agreed.

Please try to express disagreements with opinions expressed by others without calling them "fucktards".

Rainsford
AnandTech P&N Moderator
I've been called worse by better.
That's why he only got a warning.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Yeh- a great example of how those "social programs" and "pork" so much denounced on the rightwing work to keep their constituents fat, dumb, happy and loyal to the "Conservative" cause...

Nice of them and the rest of red state america to be sucking the rest of us dry while they rave against us...
You should stop giving us ingrates money then, and shrink the federal government to such an extent that it's no longer a problem then. If you want to make stupid government cheese giveaway programs part of your platform, then expect us to take take take until your program flounders as it should. That's the fastest way to get us back to a responsible means of governance.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You should stop giving us ingrates money then, and shrink the federal government to such an extent that it's no longer a problem then. If you want to make stupid government cheese giveaway programs part of your platform, then expect us to take take take until your program flounders as it should. That's the fastest way to get us back to a responsible means of governance.

Blame the victims, yeh, that's it...

So much for honest pride and self-reliance, huh?

What are those "Values" so cherished on the rightwing, other than greed and getting over on the rest of us?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Budmantom
COUNTRY FIRST!!!
I thought you were a democrat?
That right. If he were a Republican it would be either:
"Party First"
"Me First! Mine Mine Mine!" or
"Country First to get fucked over"

;)

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
What is it with partisan America? When one side wants to award Sarah Palin a halo and the other side is busy grafting on two horns a tail. Even as a partisan democrat I have to find many things to admire about the Palin family, ordinary Americans, the daughters of two school teachers, some real reformist credibility, and somehow elevated from a small state Governor to a Vice Presidential pick overnight.

Maybe as a partisan democrat I should be dancing in the streets at the various scandals that have been uncovered regarding her pro life stance and the disconnect with her daughter. But as hard as I may try, I cannot summon up even an iota of hate against the Palin family. To hate them would be to hate America, and rightly or wrongly, John McCain could not have done a better job in picking his VP because she embodies some core GOP principles.

And in terms of a sort of a Charles Dickens, it was the best of times, it was the worse of times, I would hope the Sarah Palin story and debate can be healthy for America.

And God willing, as the year turns from 2008 to 2009, Bristol nee Palin will give birth to a new American citizen this country can all embrace.

ASK THE COMMUNITY