I'm an adult without kids who just bought Lego Dimensions

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I don't care what you say

It's on sale at best buy, and I get a discount with my gamers club... so I got the starter pack and Portal 2 level pack for $35

Good deal... quit judging me

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
Greg Miller formerly of IGN and now of KindaFunny loves Lego Dimensions. I have a few of the Lego games and they are fun. I may buy Dimensions one day

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Nothing wrong with the lego games however the cash grab toy tie in is microtransactions in disguise. I despise that model for gaming.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Nothing wrong with the lego games however the cash grab toy tie in is microtransactions in disguise. I despise that model for gaming.

You are 100% correct. It's a money making machine that tries to get you feeling more comfortable with paying for small DLC with physical toys. And you know what? Those SOBs did a marvelous job. I'm already hooked... I want them all (well, almost).

The packs are very expensive at retail price, but at the sale price I paid they were worth it. I don't have any desire to get all the figures, but I do have a desire to buy most of the level packs. I'll be watching for sales like this one, assuming I don't get burned out. Like all Lego games, there's a lot of hours to put in if you're a completionist so you can get some mileage here.

My only complaint is that they really dropped the ball on the in-game mini fig mechanic. In every single Lego game including this one, there's pieces of minifigs scattered in each level. Once you collect them all, you get a little figure you can view in game of something related to that stage. Now that you're playing with real Legos, I was really hoping that they'd include the pieces to actually MAKE the collected minifigs. Once you collect all the pieces, the instructions would unlock and you could physically make it if you wanted. Alas it's just the exact same thing as every other Lego game. It would make the level packs a little more worth the money if you ended up with the minifig you collected in game.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Got most of the infinity stuff, and once no one is no longer playing stiff had a decent collection of figures. Never played the Skyland error but wouldn't have any desire to display that and while the lego ones don't look bad, they seem even worse for for getting you to pay $$$

Sean Kyle

Aug 22, 2016
I really appreciate the fact that you are not ashamed to do what makes you happy :) keep it up (y)

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I'm 50 and I bought and play Star Wars:TFA Lego. No shame.

Playing the game is different than buying the toys.

That said I forgot how much fun Legos can be. I really want to get and build a large set of some kind but they're so expensive

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
This game is great. The portal themed part of the main campaign as well as the portal theme pack was very well done. While there has been little evolution in the Lego game formula over the years, it still works. I find myself a little more engaged in this game than previous games, and that might be because the story is original so I don't really know what's coming next. Every "chapter" is based on a different license, but in the other licensed games you pretty much just play through the movies. In this case it's based on the movies, but it's a different story in each area.

My biggest issue now is handling all of the minifigs I've already collected. I might have to buy some sort of case.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I'm 40 and no kids of my own. I do have a transformers collection and I bet no one here would say that Soundwave Masterpiece Edition isn't cool as hell.

Comes with 5 cassettes and Megatron gun....C'mon, tell me it's not badass.

Takara-Tomy-Transformers-Masterpiece-Soundwave-Laserbeak-Rumble-Ravage-Frenzy-and-Buzzsaw-Image__scaled_600.jpg

Transformers%20Masterpiece%20-%20Soundwave.jpg

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Most people under 30 wouldn't have a clue what a cassette tape was anyway.

Odd that you assume people of a certain age are ignorant about history. I didn't grow up with 8 tracks either but I knew what they were. I even knew what Pong and ColecoVision was long before I even got my first console.

That said, anyone that's into transformers is more than well aware about G1 Soundwave and like Starscream or Prime, he's worth a fair bit of dough.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Almost done with the core game's campaign and it's been a lot of fun. My worry was with the extra level packs that the campaign wouldn't be as long, but I'll be over 20 hours just playing straight through it without going back to collect everything else.