"I'm a movie star" - don't give me a DUI!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
SSP, there was an article in my local paper a couple days ago about someone wrecking a Viper. He hit a guardrail which flipped the car onto it's roof, and skidding upside down across a parking lot. The pictures were cool though.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
My big brother works in the movie/TV industry here in Toronto. He's met some really great celebrities and some really nasty ones.

Some of the following is standard fare to keep the nasty ones "happy":

1) Fly in fresh Krispy Kreme donuts from the U.S. every morning to the sets in Toronto.
2) Fly in special New York-style sandwiches from...you guessed it...New York for lunch.
3) Ensure that the celebrities' entourage of "yes" men (and women) are allowed on the set at all times so that they can socialize while the celebrity is working.

You'd be surprised who the nasty a$$holes are too. Most of the time they hire the best PR firms to create this public image of them being innocent, cute women or the nice guy next door.

Of course, the nice celebrities are really nice but they're not into showing the world how nice and charitable they are - like that would make news anyway. Needless to say, you don't hear much about them.

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001

<< ewww when he's 37 she'll be 53, gross >>

I know!!! 37 year-old men are the PITS!! ;)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Oh I forgot about all the other dumb stories. I can't remember who but one woman on a set demanded her showers were with spring water. That trampy lady from Cheers - kirstie alley - had a human breast feed her feret while she was on set. Barbara streishand was at some hotel and demanded all the toilet seats be changed and made new. This is not what normal people do.

Anyway this home improvement kid's wife is just a dumb money grubber because she can't get the money. She is a 33 year old artist - so probably very poor and saw this innocent inexperienced kid worth $1.5 million making $10k/month on proceeds from show & interest. So what if she signed a prenuptual? Obviously once they get that money she'll still have big access to it.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
From luv2chill's link: let's see. A 33-yr old dressing like an old navy commercial and wearing pink hair (ooops, I appologize - she's from cali).

Anyway, in college I dated a 35 yr old woman when I was 20. She liked the parties at the apartment and fraternity house. And I liked the wisdom that one of her age can impart to young lad who is willing to learn. However, after nine months I couldn't hack it any more; missing classes, drinking too much. She couldn't give up the wilder life she had when she was my age and I had to slow down if I wanted to make it to the next semester.

Yeah, she's having fun. She may not be dinning at the fancy restaurants but they ain't starving either. The way I see it, she:
1) has the kid p-whipped. And he'll follow her anywhere right now. There is truth to the old joke comparing men to linoleum...
2) has fame. She gets her face into magazines and talk shows where she never had a chance to before.
3) you don't have to divorce someone to get their money. See #1 and I'll bet he promi$e$ her anything to let him back in the sack.

As for the rest, yeah stars acting like stars. But what about the one who isn't a star but represents them, Lizzie Grubman?

Sugadaddy

Banned
May 12, 2000

<< ewww when he's 37 she'll be 53, gross >>

More like:

When he'll be 53, he'll have a new wife who's 37... :)

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< SSP, there was an article in my local paper a couple days ago about someone wrecking a Viper. He hit a guardrail which flipped the car onto it's roof, and skidding upside down across a parking lot. The pictures were cool though. >>

Damn that bastard! All the way to hell! :|

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Most celebrities are full of sh!t, but then anyone would be if they had millions worshipping them, and super fat bank accounts to boot.

Lemondrop

Jul 20, 2000
It's nothing that the people who run the country don't do everyday and we hear nothing about .

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

<< Most celebrities are full of sh!t, but then anyone would be if they had millions worshipping them, and super fat bank accounts to boot. >>

And the award for the post in this thread that makes no point goes to....

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The simple fact of the matter is that celebrities are and will always be egomaniacs, that's just the nature of the business. Hence "I'm a movie star you can't give me a DUI!". That's the point.