Illinois Republicans stealing from charities to give to big corporations

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Our wonderful gub'ment, stealing money that people have donated out of their own pockets to be given to charitable organizations:
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/po...oney-designated-charities-repays-some-it.html

Titled "Making Giving Easy - Make a difference... Donate to a worthy cause" residents are given an easy method of donating cash to such organizations as Wildlife Preservation, Child Abuse Prevention, Alzheimer’s Disease Research, Assistance to the Homeless, Penny Severns Breast, Cervical, and Ovarian Cancer Research, Military Family Relief, and more.

Only problem is, Republicans in the state passed legislation to steal the donations because the state is broke.

Where does the money go to? Corporations!
http://www.npr.org/2011/07/13/137817676/in-ill-higher-corporate-taxes-threaten-big-business

Motorola was given $113million in tax deals. Caterpillar and CME Group have also struck tax deals with the state, and Sears will soon too.

We need to kick these Illinois Republicans with no moral compass out of office and back onto the street curbs where they belong! How dare they steal from charities to give to corporations!

Er, wait, when you actually *read* what's going on, it is the Democrats enacting these things every step of the way. The Democratic Party has had full control of the legislative and executive branches since 2003, and control of the State House of Representatives going back to 1997. Whenever I see a Democrat still to this day giving the speech about how much this party is the party that cares, and the Republicans are the party which exists to oppress the poor...

Your thread title is a deliberately inflammatory troll and, as the first responding poster has kindly pointed out to you, untrue even when you substitute "Dems" for "Repubs."

Pm me with your proposed edit, but until then, your multiple trolling means this thread stays locked.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
From your own article.
"The $434,000 will not be repaid, but the money borrowed in fiscal 2011 by law has to be returned, plus interest, within 18 months, said Kelly Kraft, spokeswoman for the Office of Management and Budget."

"Kraft said no fund sweeps were made in fiscal 2011, and none is planned for fiscal '12. She said Quinn worked to end the sweeps, a practice in place when he succeeded Gov. Rod Blagojevich in January 2009."

The money that was actually stolen was by a Democrat, the money that is "borrowed" and is going to be replaced was the Republican. I hate when politicians use designated funds for other purposes, but your topic title is way off.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The money borrowed from SS by law has to be returned also. All the government has to do is put an IOU in a cabinet. They will never pay the charity back and they will never pay SS money back. This is what happens when you give the government control of money. They can spend it however they like and you have no say in the matter. Congratulations you are stupid for giving the government control of any money. Just give your money to the charitable organization and skip the government theives.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Funny, if the dems didn't give tax breaks to these companies there would be a thread about how they are killing jobs in Illinois...

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
There is no need for chicanery in topic titles or content to attract certain posters to the topic. Just be honest about Democrat corruption.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Funny, if the dems could control spending their wouldn't be an issue...
Funny, if the republicans didn't drive this country into the ground, the dems wouldn't have to spend to try to dig us out.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
The Illinois Legislature is controlled by the Democrats, but nice try.

LOL!

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Funny, if the republicans didn't drive this country into the ground, the dems wouldn't have to spend to try to dig us out.

Please explain to me why spending gets out out of the ground? What got us into the ground?

(Hint - Spending)

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Please explain to me why spending gets out out of the ground? What got us into the ground?

(Hint - Spending)
Thanks for the hint, I'm sure you think letting the banksters run unregulated didn't have anything to do with it, right?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

Funny, if you weren't such a douchebag, we'd all be better off as a nation.

Can someone pass me more mindless retarded generalizations please?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Funny, if you weren't such a douchebag, we'd all be better off as a nation.

Can someone pass me more mindless retarded generalizations please?
I am a dbag for calling out bullshit? Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.