Illinois Lottery Winners Get IOUs not Cash

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Democrats have ruined Illinois.
about as much as the republicans have.

Look at governers of recent, Sure, we had Blago and Quinn, but before that Thompson Edgar and Ryan, all republicans. Hell, the best thing about Edgar is that he was smart enough that he did not get in trouble for any crimes. He wasnt that smart though, as he did declare a 'L Ron Hubbard Day.'

We have a history of bad governmnent in Illinois. Its too many years of too much gerrymandering and petty squabbling and half measures. Too many people with too many connections in bed with too many other people with too many connections. We need to flush the toilets, and elect all new politicans across the board at the state level, but also at the local level, every town, every school district, every county, every position across the board needs new blood.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
LOL IL is so fucked. IL has been mismanaged sinch the 70's. I think we lead the nation of governors who get sent to jail.
Hey, Tennessee tried to compete but we're just to poor.

Hey just wait until they stop paying out pensions. Then the real fun starts! But remember WI is a horrible republican controlled state. Even though their pensions are fully funded.

Funny, so is South Dakotas. Of course you can guess where the IL pension system sits with being 39% funded.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...sin-only-state-fully-funded-pension-system-s/
You're forgetting the Democrats' secret weapon: Their secret but absolute knowledge that other people's pockets are bottomless. They can fund that pension annnnny time they want.

Funded for now. I have to wonder if it will be by the time my wife retires.
Wherever it will be will be way the fuck ahead of Illinois.