Illinois Lottery Winners Get IOUs not Cash

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
20150154ca579ea2c8f.jpg

Illinois Lottery Winners Get IOUs not Cash
The State of Illinois has a reputation for welshing on payments. Some vendors wait years to get paid. Some go out of business. Suing the state for collections is futile.

If you owe the State of Illinois money, they will get it. They do not care about your budget problems. They get paid. They will take your home and possessions to get what is owed. They will drive you into poverty.

Illinois is as vicious and ruthless as loan sharks when it comes to collecting money.The IRS is not as savage when it comes to collections.

Here is something funny. Chicago Outfit bookies always paid. Always.

Think about that. Organized crime was more honest than the Illinois Lottery.
In fairness: Lottery officials have explained that eventually the money will be paid out, but no one is exactly sure when...

Not sure if 'organized crime' is more honest that Illinois Lottery. Could be they just have better cash flow control ...

Uno

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
this is ridiculously shitty they should be ashamed of themselves, what a racket.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
this is ridiculously shitty they should be ashamed of themselves, what a racket.

You don't think the liberals don't know that? They know it's a stupid tax. The hilarious part about it is that they raise taxes on rich liberals, convincing them that the poor need it, then they tax the poor through lotteries, giving them IOUs in return, and then give away the house to the Unions while striking sweetheart deals for themselves. They are able to lock up all of that voting block and pay nothing for it.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You don't think the liberals don't know that? They know it's a stupid tax. The hilarious part about it is that they raise taxes on rich liberals, convincing them that the poor need it, then they tax the poor through lotteries, giving them IOUs in return, and then give away the house to the Unions while striking sweetheart deals for themselves. They are able to lock up all of that voting block and pay nothing for it.
Quit rubbing your own shit in your hair. It's getting disgusting.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Am I wrong somewhere in there? Ohh, yet another liberal duhflecting from the truth.

Here's where you step in and say "The ball is in your court to prove what you said", the most idiotic debate tactic. Never actually reply with anything of substance. Just say "but, but, but, you're wrong!"

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
What sort of moron buys a lottery ticket backed by the State of Illinois? That's like buying salvation insurance from the Westboro Baptist Church or asking Bernie Madoff to watch over your savings.

Illinois State Government, where money comes in and then mysteriously disappears . . .

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I thought I saw you licking LKs head. I always thought you were a shit-eating moron, but I never would have imagined that would be a literal description...

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Am I wrong somewhere in there? Ohh, yet another liberal duhflecting from the truth.

Here's where you step in and say "The ball is in your court to prove what you said", the most idiotic debate tactic. Never actually reply with anything of substance. Just say "but, but, but, you're wrong!"
Oh, no. I don't expect any substance from you. It's just idiot talking points you've been trained well to regurgitate out instead.

Libruls libruls libruls, libruls libruls. Libruls!
What sort of moron buys a lottery ticket backed by the State of Illinois? That's like buying salvation insurance from the Westboro Baptist Church or asking Bernie Madoff to watch over your savings.

Illinois State Government, where money comes in and then mysteriously disappears . . .
Yes, someone who wins $250,000 from the State of Illinois is an idiot.

Mostly because of Obama, but also Chicago. Also, can't leave out Benghazi and Jade Helm.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Oh, no. I don't expect any substance from you. It's just idiot talking points you've been trained well to regurgitate out instead.

Mostly because of Obama, but also Chicago. Also, can't leave out Benghazi and Jade Helm.

Has IL not been democrat controlled for decades? Do they not have a massive budget problem? Are the Unions not under their complete control? Do they not have a huge contingent of liberal idiots in north chicago that will do anything to seem "enlightened"? Is Chicago not facing one of the biggest tax increases in history to somehow fix the budget? Have Unions not lobbied to include a Constitutional item to prohibit IL from reducing pension obligations? Has Chicago not cut over a thousand teacher jobs because their budget situation so bad? Do the Unions not mandate this while sucking the districts dry?

Ohh yeah, all of that is true.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

Well, let's see - they have received the same amount of money from the State of Illinois as have I, but they are also out a buck. So, yes. But thanks for flinging your particular brand of poo over yet another thread, you humorless dick, for I'm sure someone here was in real danger of forgetting that you are an idiot and a tool.

They just entered a second lottery of getting paid.
lol +1

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Has IL not been democrat controlled for decades? Do they not have a massive budget problem? Are the Unions not under their complete control? Do they not have a huge contingent of liberal idiots in north chicago that will do anything to seem "enlightened"? Is Chicago not facing one of the biggest tax increases in history to somehow fix the budget? Have Unions not lobbied to include a Constitutional item to prohibit IL from reducing pension obligations? Has Chicago not cut over a thousand teacher jobs because their budget situation so bad? Do the Unions not mandate this while sucking the districts dry?

Ohh yeah, all of that is true.

All Republican controlled states and cities are doing financially awesome, and all Democratic controlled states and cities are bankrupt.

Oh yeah, that's not true.

But, go ahead. You point at Illinois and Chicago. Mostly because of Obama, but also because Benghazi.

Go ahead and ignore the red state shitholes that are as bad or worse, never mind the sub-par quality of life the red state shitholes offer its citizens.

Freedom! Jade Helm! Birth Certificates.

Yeah, we've all heard the endless ranting the last 8 years. Thanks for your substantive arguments.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Well, let's see - they have received the same amount of money from the State of Illinois as have I, but they are also out a buck. So, yes. But thanks for flinging your particular brand of poo over yet another thread, you humorless dick, for I'm sure someone here was in real danger of forgetting that you are an idiot and a tool.

lol +1
Ah, how nice. Blah blah blah, name call someone.

lol +1

Get a grip.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

When you live in Illinois already, then adding the moron descriptor is redundant.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I wonder how this compares to other lotteries nationwide. From what I've seen, they start with supposedly good intentions of funding educational scholarships, etc. but inevitably become nothing but a bureaucratic mess that doles out false economic hope that thus extracts money from the poor. My state is one of the few that does not have a state lottery, so I'm honestly curious.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Ah, how nice. Blah blah blah, name call someone.

lol +1

Get a grip.
Right. As opposed to:

When you live in Illinois already, then adding the moron descriptor is redundant.
lol

I wonder how this compares to other lotteries nationwide. From what I've seen, they start with supposedly good intentions of funding educational scholarships, etc. but inevitably become nothing but a bureaucratic mess that doles out false economic hope that thus extracts money from the poor. My state is one of the few that does not have a state lottery, so I'm honestly curious.
Most states use private organizations to run their lotteries. Their politicians know it's a mistake to trust politicians with large sums of money for any scheme requiring that those large sums of money not be squandered or misappropriated.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
NY Times
...In reality, most of the money raised by lotteries is used simply to sustain the games themselves, including marketing, prizes and vendor commissions...

...lawmakers who, since states began legalizing lotteries more than 40 years ago, have sold gambling as a savior for cash-starved public schools and other government programs. Lotteries have raised billions of dollars, and of the 42 states that have them, 23 earmark all or some of the money for education.

For years, those states have heard complaints that not enough of their lottery revenue is used for education. Now, a New York Times examination of lottery documents, as well as interviews with lottery administrators and analysts, finds that lotteries accounted for less than 1 percent to 5 percent of the total revenue for K-12 education last year in the states that use this money for schools...
Lotteries are a great source of funds for politicians and their politically connected friends that operate the lotteries.

Despite politician's promises, lotteries are not such a great source of education funds...

Uno

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
How the fuck can they possibly not have money for lottery?

They keep HALF of everything right from the start. Then out of the payments, they get back a huge chunk in taxes. Are they stealing the money right out of 7-11 before it even gets to the state?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
NY Times
Lotteries are a great source of funds for politicians and their politically connected friends that operate the lotteries.

Despite politician's promises, lotteries are not such a great source of education funds...

Uno
Yup. They are boons to an isolated state among non-lottery states, but pretty soon those other states get tired of their money flowing out to the adjoining state's lottery and adopt their own. At that point, there are lots of jobs which they suddenly have no money to maintain.

How the fuck can they possibly not have money for lottery?

They keep HALF of everything right from the start. Then out of the payments, they get back a huge chunk in taxes. Are they stealing the money right out of 7-11 before it even gets to the state?
Poorly written legislation.

EDIT: Here's a better article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...payments-delayed-met-0828-20150828-story.html

Illinois set up its own state government agency to administer the lottery. Until its budget is set, the comptroller has no authority to disburse any funds. Apparently though they CAN still sell tickets to win the money they cannot give away. Funny how that works every time.

Sounds like the lottery should just be re-named the donation raffle :D
:D +1

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The state has the money but the comptroller can't disburse it until the state government passes a budget, which is caught in a partisan deadlock between the dem legislators and the repub governor.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
LOL IL is so fucked. IL has been mismanaged sinch the 70's. I think we lead the nation of governors who get sent to jail.