Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan under federal corruption probe to the tune of $150 Million

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Well it had to end sometime although this guy is more slippery than a pig in shit so we will see how the investigation proceeds. Looks like it's a scandal dating back to 2009 that benefited ComEd to the tune of $150 MILLION....holy crap that's a lot of money. What is it about Illinois specifically Chicago that makes these politicians go corrupt? It's not like this is the first time and if history is to judge it wont be the last time either....anyway.
From the article:
The federal government’s action implicating Madigan threatens to roil the fall election season in Illinois, which has become a reliably blue state. Madigan has used his fundraising power and mapmaking ability to generate veto-proof Democratic majorities in the state House and Senate.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Um....I don't believe I missed anything. The story I linked to is referring to Illinois not Ohio. Are you saying the two are linked somehow because I didn't see that story anywhere. And $60 million ha that's CHUMP change compared to $150 million. haha

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Um....I don't believe I missed anything. The story I linked to is referring to Illinois not Ohio. Are you saying the two are linked somehow because I didn't see that story anywhere. And $60 million ha that's CHUMP change compared to $150 million. haha

Nope, just your concern appears to be centered on one party.

That last sentence is just stupid.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
My concern? What about yours bud? Stop shifting the goals posts bro.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
My concern? What about yours bud? Stop shifting the goals posts bro.
I want corruption stamped out regardless of party as I said i my first post bro. You completely ignored the Ohio story but rushed to post a corruption story from Ill since it was a democrat. Your dishonesty is obvious. BRO

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Look son you're goal shifting again. This ain't about me or Ohio it's about Illinois and a corruption charge against Representative Madigan.
We all understand your bro concern over Ohio go post your bro concern in that thread and stop trying to twist words in this one.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Look son you're goal shifting again. This ain't about me or Ohio it's about Illinois and a corruption charge against Representative Madigan.
We all understand your bro concern over Ohio go post your bro concern in that thread and stop trying to twist words in this one.
Bro concern is this some new conservatard term.

If guilty lock his ass up. But you’re a partisan hack. And asking “what’s wrong with Illinois?” is missing the point entirely. State bribery scandals are unfortunately a regular event in multiple states.

Last year the legislature in Missouri rolled back several reforms intended to prevent public corruption. The problem is much larger than just a single state.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Corrupt politicians from either side should be executed. Not given a stay in Club Fed, not slapped on the wrist and told, "don't do that!"...publicly executed.

Reactions: s0me0nesmind1
Nov 29, 2006
Go post concern in the Ohio thread then get back to us, hack.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Really not sure what you said that set all of this off? I started a thread about Ohio corruption. You are perfectly fine with your thread. ?

Reactions: pcgeek11

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Notice how in Illinois, as in many red states, the party in power has gerrymandered themselves into unchallenged power along with veto proof majorities. When politicians are no longer held accountable for their actions, bad things happen. That goes for Democrats and Republicans.

This guy seems to be in deep trouble—I hope he saved enough to buy a pardon from Trump like Blagojevich.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Notice how in Illinois, as in many red states, the party in power has gerrymandered themselves into unchallenged power along with veto proof majorities. When politicians are no longer held accountable for their actions, bad things happen. That goes for Democrats and Republicans.

This guy seems to be in deep trouble—I hope he saved enough to buy a pardon from Trump like Blagojevich.

Ugh. Read the article-

He was not charged with wrongdoing by the government on Friday as ComEd agreed to pay a $200 million fine and cooperate with prosecutors.

Madigan is cooperating. It may well come to nothing.

Nov 8, 2012
Can someone give a summary of what the hell the first 4 posts are about?

Basically looks like someone responding to the OP looked like a clown and deleted their post?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Corrupt politicians from either side should be executed. Not given a stay in Club Fed, not slapped on the wrist and told, "don't do that!"...publicly executed.

Or pardoned, cuz it's just not fair. Brought to you by the most corrupt admin ever.

Let's all remember to teach our kids that lying, cheating, bribery, and general dishonesty is wrong, unless you can be protected by enough enablers.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
WRT the OP; I personally don't care about party affiliation. If there's corruption like this and it's evidence is solid and holds up in court, toss anyone involved right in prison for an extended duration. And I agree that it shouldn't be a white collar prison stay at club fed.

Reactions: soulcougher73

jmagg

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2001
I think you meant to say bothsides

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Guys its OK, Madigan said through a spokesperson that he "has never made a legislative decision with improper motives and has engaged in no wrongdoing here.” I totally trust him so this is much ado about nothing.

/s

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If he engaged in corrupt acts, fry him.
Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has made it virtually impossible to convict public officials of corruption so I’m not optimistic.

Mar 11, 2004
Not sure what the OP's problem is but he seems like he's wound up awfully tight over this. Maybe he should just chill out?