ILLEGALS turn to the sea to enter the US ILLEGALLY

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Goberment! Pease safe me!

If you are of the attitude that the government should not protect its own borders then I must assume you are of the attitude that the government should have absolutely no function?

Seriously, protecting the countries borders and shores are on the top 5 list of what the government SHOULD do.

As far as them coming by sea, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. As Wolf stated, that means the land crossings have become much harder/more dangerous. I am not sure how close they stay to shore but I would sure hate to be in a boat that is sitting 1' above the water, crammed with people, and have the engine die. Doesn't take much of a storm (not sure of the whether patterns in the area) to swamp a boat like that. I sure as hell wouldn't take something similar into the Gulf on the clearest days. Then again, if given the choice between that and a long ass hike through the friggen desert..... not really sure about that one.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
It wouldn't be news if they had been at war continuously since then.

People have been coming into the U.S. via the Pacific continuously, hence it is not really breaking news.

Just saying.

Is there some sort of standard time frame that makes it non-continuous enough to make it newsworthy? 1 month? A year?

Just curious.