ILLEGALS turn to the sea to enter the US ILLEGALLY

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
AGAIN legal/illegal people have been coming to the US by water for decades+++ This is not news.

FAUX OUTRAGE!!! OH NOES, THEY KNOW HOW TO USE WATER!!!

I am not sure if you are a troll or just want to argue for the sake of arguing or all of the above.

So by your logic, we DO NOT need to read about the flood in Pakistan (flooding and suffering have been going on for years) or the killing and raping in Congo (going on for years, remember Rwanda?) or Palestine vs. Israel (going on since 1950s), right? :eek:

If you even bother to read the article, the story was about
This is a new frontier for illegal immigrants entering the United States .......In growing numbers, migrants are gambling their lives at sea as land crossings become even more arduous and likely to end in arrest
and not about "oh no, they know how to use water"

Big ALL CAPS = Yelling = Childish.

Again, AP decides it is news, therefore, they wrote a fairly long article about it. Who died and let you in charge? LOL

If you have a problem with the story not being "news", contact them and stop whine like a little biotch.

Last edited:

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
I am not sure if you are a troll or just want to argue for the sake of arguing or all of the above.

So by your logic, we DO NOT need to read about the flood in Pakistan (flooding and suffering have been going on for years) or the killing and raping in Congo (going on for years, remember Rwanda?) or Palestine vs. Israel (going on since 1950s), right? :eek:

If you even bother to read the article, the story was about and not about "oh no, they know how to use water"

Big ALL CAPS = Yelling = Childish.

Again, AP decides it is news, therefore, they wrote a fairly long article about it. Who died and let you in charge? LOL

If you have a problem with the story not being "news", contact them and stop whine like a little biotch.

"ILLEGALS turn to the sea to enter the US ILLEGALLY"

I see two words in all caps here.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
"ILLEGALS turn to the sea to enter the US ILLEGALLY"

I see two words in all caps here.

But did you see ALL CAPS in the whole sentence like the other poster?

I will always type ILLEGAL in a legal/illegal immigration thread because it is ILLEGAL and not "undocument"

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Time to build an ocean wall.

Edit: Actually we better build two walls. You know the old saying 'One if by land, two if by sea'

Last edited:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
While this is true, (think of the term "wetbacks") due to the crackdown on border jumpers, the smugglers have turned more and more to the ocean as a smuggling route.

Catching them is more difficult as the boats are small and sit low in the water, making them difficult or impossible to see on radar.

Which is why the cries for a border fence are stupid and bound to fail. The way to stop it is to make it unprofitable, both for the illegal and their employer. Fine employers massive sums for hiring an illegal and take away the ability for the illegal to receive any kind of services. No health care, no school for their children, etc.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You're missing his point.

No I'm not...it's not like Cubans can just walk from there to here...besides, instead of getting into a discussion about whether Cubans should be granted amnesty once they get "feet dry," I'd rather talk about the Chinese who are smuggled into the country in containers...

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Which is why the cries for a border fence are stupid and bound to fail. The way to stop it is to make it unprofitable, both for the illegal and their employer. Fine employers massive sums for hiring an illegal and take away the ability for the illegal to receive any kind of services. No health care, no school for their children, etc.

I mostly agree although I'm not completely against a fence. If illegals couldn't make money here they would leave.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I've often wondered why there isn't more of this, coming by sea.

Seems a heckuva lot better then trekking through the hot desert for hrs or days.

Fern

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004

Seems a heckuva lot better then trekking through the hot desert for hrs or days.

Fern

Lack of swimming skills perhaps? Much easier to deal with heat than possible drowning. Watch the idiot liberals in CA demand that the USCG waste resources in watching for boats full of illegals that capsize.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003

Fern

From the article:
At up to $5,000 a person — roughly twice the fee to cross illegally over land

I also think the sea did not have a broad range to sneak in as land, ie. you can have ten of thousands of miles from land border but not as much in sea.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
no suprise that they are going to the water more. hmm no fence will work eh?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
At up to $5,000 a person — roughly twice the fee to cross illegally over land

F that.

I'd pick up a used windsurfer for a couple hundred $'s and set off from Tijuanna and sail up to San Diego. I've sailed a board much farther in races in S. FL.

Fern

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Fau... err Associated Press outrage!

In all honesty, like others have said, this has been going on for a long time. Illegals and legals get here by many methods, including the sea.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Fau... err Associated Press outrage!

In all honesty, like others have said, this has been going on for a long time. Illegals and legals get here by many methods, including the sea.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Lack of swimming skills perhaps? Much easier to deal with heat than possible drowning. Watch the idiot liberals in CA demand that the USCG waste resources in watching for boats full of illegals that capsize.

Why is rescuing people a bad thing? Oh right, rescuing brown people is a bad thing, got it.

Since you don't seem very bright, it might surprise you to find out that the Coast Guard already does that.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
No I'm not...it's not like Cubans can just walk from there to here...besides, instead of getting into a discussion about whether Cubans should be granted amnesty once they get "feet dry," I'd rather talk about the Chinese who are smuggled into the country in containers...

I agree, there's more pressing issues.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I read it yesterday and thought it was "news" because it was referring to the Pacific entry which at least I don't normally think of when I think of water entry.

Many of us knew the Pacific Ocean has brought people to this country for centuries.

What else is "news" to you?

Magnets, how the fuck do they work?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Many of us knew the Pacific Ocean has brought people to this country for centuries.

What else is "news" to you?

Magnets, how the fuck do they work?

You haven't noticed that most migrants have been mostly travelling by plane and land recently?

Crossed off of the front page by FeralKid: "France and Britain go to War." Feralkid decides it's not news because they've been fighting as far back as the middle-ages.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
You haven't noticed that most migrants have been mostly travelling by plane and land recently?

Crossed off of the front page by FeralKid: "France and Britain go to War." Feralkid decides it's not news because they've been fighting as far back as the middle-ages.

It wouldn't be news if they had been at war continuously since then.

People have been coming into the U.S. via the Pacific continuously, hence it is not really breaking news.

Just saying.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
It wouldn't be news if they had been at war continuously since then.

People have been coming into the U.S. via the Pacific continuously, hence it is not really breaking news.

Just saying.

I was under the impression that most people were flying from Asia in the past 50 years... When the boat people did it it was the exception and it was news.