ILLEGALS turn to the sea to enter the US ILLEGALLY

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Migrants have come by water forever, HELLO how do you think all us whiteys and blacks got here?

Not sure why this is "news".

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Migrants have come by water forever, HELLO how do you think all us whiteys and blacks got here?

Not sure why this is "news".

So because there was injustice in the past, we have to allow injustice in the present? The whole world would be mired in lawlessness if you applied that standard across the board.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
So because there was injustice in the past, we have to allow injustice in the present? The whole world would be mired in lawlessness if you applied that standard across the board.

You missed his point. People have been immigrating to the United States, both legally and illegally, via waterways ever since there has been a United States. That does not make illegal immigration by *any* means just or acceptable. It's makes it not NEWS.

- wolf

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You missed his point. People have been immigrating to the United States, both legally and illegally, via waterways ever since there has been a United States. That does not make illegal immigration by *any* means just or acceptable. It's makes it not NEWS.

- wolf

While this is true, (think of the term "wetbacks") due to the crackdown on border jumpers, the smugglers have turned more and more to the ocean as a smuggling route.

Catching them is more difficult as the boats are small and sit low in the water, making them difficult or impossible to see on radar.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

- wolf

Hmmm ... I'm going to go with the AP over you. And if you read the article you'll see there are changes in the patterns.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
......Not sure why this is "news".

Why it is news? Them ILLEGALS are invading the US in every which way imagineable and in all kind of methods. Just stick your head in the sand and say "so what/why it is news" won't cut it.

AP says it is news and I pick them established news entity over you anytime.

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Hmmm ... I'm going to go with the AP over you. And if you read the article you'll see there are changes in the patterns.

There may be an upward fluctuation in the numbers attempting it by sea just recently. Yet sea transport is riskier and more expensive, which raises the question of WHY they are trying this method in increasing numbers. Since people will always take the path of least resistance, this development only makes sense if the fencing and added personnel over the past several years are starting to have some effect in making land crossing more dangerous and/or expensive. When the only routes left are more dangerous and/or expensive than before, it's logical that total migration should decrease, as not every prospective immigrant can afford the higher cost or is willing to take higher risks. We can never totally shut down the sea and air options. The only realistic scenario that is a success is if the land option has been interdicted to such an extent as to make it non-viable for 99% of them. That will work fine, as sea and air will never be anything more than a trickle because there are only so many boats and plains available for the purpose and that makes it expensive. In sum, a temporary influx of sea migration isn't necessarily bad news.

- wolf

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Why it is news? Them ILLEGALS are invading the US in every which way imagineable and in all kind of methods. Just stick your head in the sand and say "so what/why it is news" won't cut it.

AP says it is news and I pick them established news entity over you anytime.

AGAIN legal/illegal people have been coming to the US by water for decades+++ This is not news.

FAUX OUTRAGE!!! OH NOES, THEY KNOW HOW TO USE WATER!!!

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I was ridiculed a few weeks ago for joking about submarines, people are going to find a way.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
AGAIN legal/illegal people have been coming to the US by water for decades+++ This is not news.

FAUX OUTRAGE!!! OH NOES, THEY KNOW HOW TO USE WATER!!!

Maybe we can just cut to the chase if you just admit you think there should be absolutely no restrictions on migration to the US.

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
I read it yesterday and thought it was "news" because it was referring to the Pacific entry which at least I don't normally think of when I think of water entry.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
stop shitting in their countries and messing with their labor laws and just generally doing all you can to take advantage of poor peoples conditions and this won't be like this

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yesterday I got into a vehicle parked outside the Alliance keep and pushed a button. It catapulted me up and over the wall. I nearly had a heart attack because I expected to die on impact, but I didn't and soon after I killed the Alliance commander for a Horde Win.

Maybe if they packed Mexicans in rubber they could shoot them over the border.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Really? Show me where I have ever said that, go on I'm waiting.

So what again is your problem with the story? Why do you point out that people used to come over by boat? (Hasn't been really popular since WW2.) Or is it just that you want to be argumentative and mock people that think illegal immigration is a bad thing?

Feel free to explain your position on illegal immigration.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
so I guess you missed the elian gonzalez escapade a few years ago? pure and simple this isn't news.

Elian Gonzalez was yet another illegal immigrant returned to his homeland...and returned to his father at the father's request.