Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Call the guy and apologize, tell him you're not from the area and didn't want to leave the trash on the side of the road, and didn't know that you weren't allowed to do it. If he wants you to come back and pay, or threatens the cops on you, politely tell him to DIAF and move on with your life, the cops will not follow up on it.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
This reminds me of when I managed a Subway restaurant a while ago.

Our restaurant was on the far end of a parking lot dominated by WalMart. In Alaska, WalMart offers up their parking lots to RV's for overnight camping. (Don't ask me WHY tourists like to stake their RV's and lawn chairs on our WalMart parking lots...) What would happen every summer was that these 100's of RV's would see our dumpster as the closest one, and come toss their crap into it. It would literally fill up not 3 hours after it was emptied. Finally I had to put a big sign on it saying "NO RV TRASH". It worked for about a week; then one day I found the dumpster suddenly full again, and a dead porcupine draped over the rim. Dunno where it came from, but it was pretty gross. Finally I had to lock the dumpster. It's sad when you have to lock your trash.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: giantpinkbunnyhead

Our restaurant was on the far end of a parking lot dominated by WalMart. In Alaska, WalMart offers up their parking lots to RV's for overnight camping. (Don't ask me WHY tourists like to stake their RV's and lawn chairs on our WalMart parking lots...) What would happen every summer was that these 100's of RV's would see our dumpster as the closest one, and come toss their crap into it. It would literally fill up not 3 hours after it was emptied. Finally I had to put a big sign on it saying "NO RV TRASH". It worked for about a week; then one day I found the dumpster suddenly full again, and a dead porcupine draped over the rim. Dunno where it came from, but it was pretty gross. Finally I had to lock the dumpster. It's sad when you have to lock your trash.

Wow that sucks ballz.

Dec 10, 2005

You should have put a field of bear traps around the dumpster and watched the RVers try to manuever around them.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: bootymac
Another question. We use a shipping company down there to receive packages. Are they allowed to give out my friend's information to the restaurant owner? I'm assuming it is, since we did do something illegal, but I just want to confirm.

Probabaly not illegal, but not a good business practice.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
It is. People pay for dumpster service and they're not too keen on others dumping their crap and overfilling their dumpsters

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Everytime we put a construction dumpster out on site, everyone thinks its time to clean out their garage. It costs about $400-500 here to dump 30 yds...so it does add up.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000

Subway on Old Seward?

That would piss me off to high hell...a dead porcupine?!?! haha...

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: bctbct
Everytime we put a construction dumpster out on site, everyone thinks its time to clean out their garage. It costs about $400-500 here to dump 30 yds...so it does add up.

Yup. My dad used to own a convenience store across from a gov't housing project, they all treated his dumpster as their own. And when they remodelled the store and put a construction dumpster out they brought over their couches, etc.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
I went out to our dumpster one time to throw out a server box and found a 55" widescreen DLP box just chilling in our dumpster. Since we don't have a 55" widescreen DLP I'm guessing it wasn't ours. That pretty much put a damper on my trash removal for the next few days as the dumpster only gets emptied twice a week. Well, I go out there a few days later after I know the dumpster has been emptied and what do I find? Another 55" widescreen DLP box. That pretty well pissed me off.

cwdegood

Feb 7, 2006
Oddly enough I ran in to something like this today.
I was going out back to toss some foam inserts out, when I bent over to press it all down my pager fell from my breast pocket pretty far in.

So I spent a few minutes sitting in this dumpster digging around looking for it, next thing I know I have an officer telling me its Illegal to dig through other peoples trash cans/dumpsters/anything of that sort.

I guess he thought I was digging for some goodies or something, anywho .. I told him what happend and he began to tell me that I cant use someone eles trash, so I then had to explain it was my companies, yadda yadda ... really interesting day.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: cwdegood
Oddly enough I ran in to something like this today.
I was going out back to toss some foam inserts out, when I bent over to press it all down my pager fell from my breast pocket pretty far in.

So I spent a few minutes sitting in this dumpster digging around looking for it, next thing I know I have an officer telling me its Illegal to dig through other peoples trash cans/dumpsters/anything of that sort.

I guess he thought I was digging for some goodies or something, anywho .. I told him what happend and he began to tell me that I cant use someone eles trash, so I then had to explain it was my companies, yadda yadda ... really interesting day.

did you get your beeper and prove it to him? what an assbag