I'll take 1 wit, Cheese Whiz

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
i have no clue what you're talking about, but i haven't had Cheeze Whiz in a long time.

:)

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
you mean you want a philly cheesesteak with onions and cheese whiz? man the cheese whiz fries at pat's is the shizzle!

WHSLacrossekid

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2001
Originally posted by: AkumaX
you mean you want a philly cheesesteak with onions and cheese whiz? man the cheese whiz fries at pat's is the shizzle!

Ding Ding Ding!

got it :)

from a Cali person too!

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'll take a cheesesteak that doesn't suck which means it won't be from Pat's or Geno's.
Late :D

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Or Rick's.

Is there some kind of law that says all cheesesteak joints in Philly must have a man's first name?

I never imagined that the locals would eat a cheesesteak with Cheez Whiz. I thought that abomination was for the tourists only. How can you take a nice steak sandwich and ruin it with Cheez Whiz ("We lead the league in polysorbate-80!"), when you can have actual real cheese like provolone?

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
John Kerry ordered one with swiss cheese and all the philly talk shows were making fun of him yesterday

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: kranky
Or Rick's.

Is there some kind of law that says all cheesesteak joints in Philly must have a man's first name?

I never imagined that the locals would eat a cheesesteak with Cheez Whiz. I thought that abomination was for the tourists only. How can you take a nice steak sandwich and ruin it with Cheez Whiz ("We lead the league in polysorbate-80!"), when you can have actual real cheese like provolone?

I was flippin out at Norristown's Taqueria La Michoacana a couple weeks ago because the nachos had cheez whiz! WTF?! A restaurant that serves an awesome jack cheese n chorizo fondue and COVERS every dish with some kind of goat cheese, and they are using fake cheese on nachos? Embarassing!

This year's Best Of Philly cheesesteak was in Cherry Hill, NJ.
I've yet to try Tony Luke's, but that's what most of the south philly locals seem to prefer.

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
well, at pats, their cheese wiz comes out of a giant 50gal vat, scooped into your cup of fries or cheesesteak, yumm...

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: AkumaX
well, at pats, their cheese wiz comes out of a giant 50gal vat, scooped into your cup of fries or cheesesteak, yumm...

That sounds so disgusting.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
You mean Cheez Whiz? That stuff is good. This topic does remind me of the sandwich show on PBS.