IL is broke and in major debt. so what does it do? spends $670 on doors to the capita

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Straw on the Camel's back for me was Cook County charging me $125 road use fee for the motorcycle. Completely negating the whole purpose of saving gas driving the bike back and forth to work.

Thieving mother fuckers.

Sep 7, 2009
The craziest part of the article is that these abuses of money will never stop. No one will ever be held truly accountable for them. If someone gets fired over it, that person will likely be fired along with a fantastic pension that still provides more income than the average Illinois citizen earns.

Look this is one of the better examples of a "modern progressive" utopia. The modern progressive has no idea of what it takes to earn a dollar, so they are incapable of looking at what's involved in spending $670k on some doors. To them it's just dolla dolla dollas and we really should print some more to solve all the problems.

The common modern progressive is FAR FAR more concerned about their political leaders "staying liberal" and "taking guns so we r all so safe" than they are about money.

I mean shit what's money anyway, take some from the 1%ers and just spread it all around. Print some more, pay for the stupid doors.

Sep 7, 2009
Straw on the Camel's back for me was Cook County charging me $125 road use fee for the motorcycle. Completely negating the whole purpose of saving gas driving the bike back and forth to work.

Thieving mother fuckers.

Was this about repairing the gravel after your accident?

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
Look this is one of the better examples of a "modern progressive" utopia. The modern progressive has no idea of what it takes to earn a dollar, so they are incapable of looking at what's involved in spending $670k on some doors. To them it's just dolla dolla dollas and we really should print some more to solve all the problems.

The common modern progressive is FAR FAR more concerned about their political leaders "staying liberal" and "taking guns so we r all so safe" than they are about money.

I mean shit what's money anyway, take some from the 1%ers and just spread it all around. Print some more, pay for the stupid doors.

So you're saying conservatives and 1%ers are incapable of pulling the same nonsense? Politicians cater to the 1%. They pretend to be progressive and liberal to get votes since the constituents are mostly middle class and below.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Thieving mother fuckers.
Why would they do that unless you moved into Cook County as a permanent resident. :confused:

Was this about repairing the gravel after your accident?

I believe he pulled that stunt in a southern state

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Looking at the doors, those are not cheap. They did three sets which include two actual doors and the transom each. If you've ever looked at a decent residential single front door with a transom and full wood with even a tiny amount of detail, they are 10k.

I think you'd actually be amazed at how much work it takes to make those doors. This does not speak to if IL should have purchased the doors, but they are extremely high quality.

The good news is that these doors will be around for 100 years, much longer than most things the state spends 600K on...