IG Report on Clinton email probe is out.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2011
Hannity: “The IG report is out, and it’s worse than we thought.” Really...?
I guess that means it’s harder to create talking points then they thought it would be.
Some conservative sites were advising their readers to disregard the conclusion. They only wanted them to focus on their cherry picked misrepresented snippets. Truly shameful.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Come to think of it, if anything is missing from the IG report, it would be what actions the NYC field office and Giuliani took to leak and politicize the Wiener laptop and force Comey's hand. Did Justice censor that out??
Oh, hey, look what I found:

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/1007331970626543616?s=21
1ba3e388121364f1a11d0237b2837475.png

So while FOX News is spinning additional IG report as "Clinton isn't out of the woods yet!", reality shows that the pro-Trump elements in NYC field office better be looking over their shoulder, while everyone's worried about "partisan bias"...

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Oh, hey, look what I found:

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/1007331970626543616?s=21
1ba3e388121364f1a11d0237b2837475.png

So while FOX News is spinning additional IG report as "Clinton isn't out of the woods yet!", reality shows that the pro-Trump elements in NYC field office better be looking over their shoulder, while everyone's worried about "partisan bias"...
Rudy was just saying on Hannity that the NYC field office should take over the investigation into Trump, you can’t make this stuff up.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Tearing down the FBI & Mueller is an act of sheer desperation & Faux News is glad to pitch in with a phony headline & more of Rudy's bullshit. An overview of the desperation so far-

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/06/...p-bias-swamp-document-rips-inspector-horowitz

Tomorrow? Expect Manafort to be wearing orange before the end of the day. Expect Cohen to be going down in the near future, too.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
What you mean to say is since I read (most of) it and you didn’t you can’t argue the merits of your assertion and, as such, can’t defend your claims.

I think what he said was he is entitled to his opinion and the rest of us can continue to run with facts if that's the kind of shit we're into...

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Edit goddammit it showed my post twice so I dp’d one and now I got nothing. Fuck it. Arguing with people who ignore facts being spoon fed to them is a waste of time anyway.

But one more time. You said the wording was such that it implied they were guilty of not being neutral. It didn’t. Full stop. This statement is not ambiguous. It’s clear. They were the definition of neutral.

We found no evidence that the conclusions by department prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations. Rather, we concluded that they were based on the prosecutor’s assessment of facts, the law, and past department practice.

To imply anything else is to ignore reality.

There is no text large enough for that to sink into him.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Holy crap.
I hope Hannity goes down in flames on public display...
Alternative, civil war?

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Hannity needs to be fired no way would they allow this on any other "news outlet."

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Hannity needs to be fired no way would they allow this on any other "news outlet."
lol never going to happen, short of him assaulting someone on set

fox has a guy that is known to have the presidents eyes and ears every night plus a direct line for pillow talk, why give that up

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
You realize the report concluded there was no bias, correct?
The report exposes clear bias on the part of several FBI agents, and breaking of protocol by Lynch and Comey...but also concludes that none of it was done with malicious intent.

To have not one but both Presidential candidates under FBI investigation is simply unprecedented. There was no way either candidate could win without there being ample reason to question their legitimacy.

Lynch should have known better than to take that tarmac meeting because the optics of it undermines the impartiality of the Clinton email investigation.

FBI agents who are part of active investigations should probably not be texting their feelings so irresponsibly, or manipulating procedure to game an outcome.

As for Comey, he was in a no win situation. I suppose we can blame the guy for making some poor choices, but it was not a crisis of his making. That blame falls elsewhere.

Jan 25, 2011
The report exposes clear bias on the part of several FBI agents, and breaking of protocol by Lynch and Comey...but also concludes that none of it was done with malicious intent.

To have not one but both Presidential candidates under FBI investigation is simply unprecedented. There was no way either candidate could win without there being ample reason to question their legitimacy.

Lynch should have known better than to take that tarmac meeting because the optics of it undermines the impartiality of the Clinton email investigation.

FBI agents who are part of active investigations should probably not be texting their feelings so irresponsibly, or manipulating procedure to game an outcome.

As for Comey, he was in a no win situation. I suppose we can blame the guy for making some poor choices, but it was not a crisis of his making. That blame falls elsewhere.
Where does the report cite a conclusion of clear bias? The most I saw was that they could not determine either way if bias played a roll in delays to examining Weiners laptop.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

This is incorrect, the report states that there was zero bias present in any of the prosecutorial decisions around Clinton in either effect or intent. Zero. It says some agents said things about Trump AND the other candidates that they shouldn’t have, but that’s something totally different.

Not to mention the only question a reasonable person should have is if the FBI was biased in FAVOR of Trump and against Clinton considering every action they took that was against protocol served to help Trump, not hurt him. Had the FBI acted appropriately it is extremely likely Clinton would be president.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
This is incorrect, the report states that there was zero bias present in any of the prosecutorial decisions around Clinton in either effect or intent. Zero. It says some agents said things about Trump AND the other candidates that they shouldn’t have, but that’s something totally different.

Not to mention the only question a reasonable person should have is if the FBI was biased in FAVOR of Trump and against Clinton considering every action they took that was against protocol served to help Trump, not hurt him. Had the FBI acted appropriately it is extremely likely Clinton would be president.

All agents have some sort of bias.
The nature of the job, professionalism + process and procedure hold that bias at bay.
For every agent trash talking Trump there is another one trash talking Obama or Hillary
Texting with someone you have been finger banging comments about a presidential candidate is not an actual issue of bias. It's an issue of using work devices for non-work use.
It's like most of the people on this board posting from their work device

Jan 25, 2011
ummmm... WTF

Trump:
"I think that the report yesterday ... totally exonerates me. There was no collusion, there was no obstruction," President Trump says of the Justice Department IG report

I would say can someone sit him down and explain what was in the report but the tried that already.

Reactions: ivwshane

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
All agents have some sort of bias.
The nature of the job, professionalism + process and procedure hold that bias at bay.
For every agent trash talking Trump there is another one trash talking Obama or Hillary
Texting with someone you have been finger banging comments about a presidential candidate is not an actual issue of bias. It's an issue of using work devices for non-work use.
It's like most of the people on this board posting from their work device

I mean the desperation is obvious. They are looking for anything and everything they might serve to discredit Mueller.

Giuliani was on TV yesterday talking about how Mueller should be suspended based on this report...that had nothing to do with him.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
ummmm... WTF

Trump:

I would say can someone sit him down and explain what was in the report but the tried that already.

I imagine if the DOJ made a report about the toilet paper stock in the Hoover building Trump would claim it exonerated him.

His strategy is pretty obvious and it’s right out of the Nazi playbook. (And other propagandists, I’m sure) Keep your message simple and repeat it over and over and over again regardless of the circumstances. Caps win the cup? No collusion. New Star Wars movie sucks? No collusion. Repeat.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I mean the desperation is obvious. They are looking for anything and everything they might serve to discredit Mueller.

Giuliani was on TV yesterday talking about how Mueller should be suspended based on this report...that had nothing to do with him.

The base is pretty easy to rile up at this point.
Factor in FoxNews and they know they don't have to put any effort into anything. This just need to get the narratives out.
Few consumers of that bull crap will challenge anything presented to them. Thats an issue for most outlets.
However, the Gingrich revolution turned politics into a sport. They have trained their base that the only thing that matters is the chants.

Jan 25, 2011
I imagine if the DOJ made a report about the toilet paper stock in the Hoover building Trump would claim it exonerated him.

His strategy is pretty obvious and it’s right out of the Nazi playbook. (And other propagandists, I’m sure) Keep your message simple and repeat it over and over and over again regardless of the circumstances. Caps win the cup? No collusion. New Star Wars movie sucks? No collusion. Repeat.
And his message also seems to becoming more direct that lying to the press is perfectly fine. Another tidbit from this morning.

On the Don Jr statement: "It's a statement to the New York Times, the failing New York Times.... That's not a statement to a high tribunal of judges."

So lying to the people through the press is perfectly fine with him.

EDIT: Might need a thread just on the amount of shit coming out of his mouth this morning.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And his message also seems to becoming more direct that lying to the press is perfectly fine. Another tidbit from this morning.

So lying to the people through the press is perfectly fine with him.

EDIT: Might need a thread just on the amount of shit coming out of his mouth this morning.

It's interesting to see how much more brazen the corruption is becoming as time goes on. Now he's basically saying 'yes, we lied to America. So what?'

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There isn't anyone working in government without some level of bias. Its what you do with it that counts.

Here is the fault tree in order not necessarily degree.

1. Trump gaslighting the FBI and poisoning the well in advance.
2. Bill Clinton pushing his way on that plane knowing his wife is under investigation
3. Loretta Lynch allowing Bill on the plane knowing his wife was under investigation by her Justice department. Failing to do her job on deciding to or not to prosecute
4. Comey reacting to Trump's gaslighting breaking protocols result in favoring Trump and hurting Hillary. Making the decision to or not to prosecute instead of passing it up to Lynch

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Of course. Conflation is a standard GOP trick. It's how we invaded Iraq because of 9/11.