If you're watching the news tonight, my school and I will be on there :)

Hoeboy

Banned
Apr 20, 2000
It's ABC, NBC, and CBS I believe. Probably only gonna be broadcast in the S. California area but I could be wrong. Rusty Smith, a winter olympic medalist came to our school because he used to go there as a kindergartener. He made a speech and ABC, NBC, and CBS were all there taping the speech and doing interviews.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< It's ABC, NBC, and CBS I believe. Probably only gonna be broadcast in the S. California area but I could be wrong. Rusty Smith, a winter olympic medalist came to our school because he used to go there as a kindergartener. He made a speech and ABC, NBC, and CBS were all there taping the speech and doing interviews. >>

Awesome. That's good publicity...not bad like the kind my school always gets

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001

<< Awesome. That's good publicity...not bad like the kind my school always gets >>

Berkeley?

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
When I was in Middle School a girl from my school won the National Spelling Bee Championship... fascinating huh? Actually it sucked because there were camera crews all over the place for a couple of days.... I think the girl went on Letterman too. :/ Amanda somebody.

dc

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
When I was in school, which was about 1000 years ago, we were in the news constantly because of Phil and Steve Mahre.

Russ, NCNE

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
A girl on my sister's rival soccer team won the 2001 Oreo cookie thing, you know, you stack the most oreo cookies together... I think all she won was $1000 though.
-- mrcodedude

Hoeboy

Banned
Apr 20, 2000
This is an elementary school I work at, not a university ;) They already played it on NBC at 4pm. They skipped 5pm and probably gonna show it again at 6pm.